cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA plans

bigw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning,

I'm new to this forum but have been with Public Mobile for awhile now. I just started travelling to the USA again. I have found that I don't have good coverage at 3G speed. I have bumped my plan up to 4G for the next billing cycle.

Does anyone know how the coverage is at 4G

2 REPLIES 2

mtlbelle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi' I was doing some research about US roaming service and saw your post. I'm going to Orlando for a few days, I need reliable and fast data there. Do you think if I change to a 4G plan that would make my wifi faster when I'm there? Thanks!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bigw   you don't need a 4G plan to use 4G/LTE for roaming

In fact, even in Canada, the 3G Plan in fact is just a 3G SPEED plan.  All 3G plan customers can still use 4G/LTE network for data except it is in a reduced speed, 3Mpbs.  If your phone network type is set to Automatic, likely it is already using 4G/LTE network in Canada

For Us roaming, again, there is no need to upgrade to 4G speed plan to use 4G/LTE roaming.  But again, you can better speed if you use 4G speed plan

As to US coverage, it is as good as T-Mobile's coverage (again, no different which plan you use)

Which state and city you are going?  

Do you just need data ? or voice as well?

if you need voice, what phone do you have? if your phone is compatible for VoLTE , then you can use VoLTE for voice

Need Help? Let's chat.