cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US talk-text

DougM2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in the US and have the US Roam-Talk Text 250 Data plan, but I cannot make or receive phone calls. I have enabled Data Roaming.

10 REPLIES 10

Well that's at least one good thing with the new overhaul,  let's hope they can iron out the other kinks 

@DougM2 

turn off device and take SIM card out and after 5min reinsert back on. or do you other device you can tried SIM in.

Q, that Add-ons you buy it the first time or second time.

if still not working contact support team by CS_Agent  to check out.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DougM2 

Check for 2G network coverage in your area by using the link to the coverage map in this post. Choose T-Mobile and GSM.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

Otherwise download textnow or fongo on wifi and choose a canadian phone # so you can use this for calls while on wifi or mobile data.

DougM2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the suggestions, but:

1. I'm connected to T-mobile.

2. I have looked at http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming, but none of the suggestions worked, including a check of the Access Point info.

3. My Public Mobile is up-to-date and active.

4. I paid for the US talk-text and got a receipt. I've used it before successfully.

5. I rebooted the phone and reset the network settings.

Still no dial tone when I call.

@JL9 

There is no longer any two-step add-on procedure. It's all done in one action.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The roaming add ons have been very hit and miss due to the 3G shutdowns in the US, did you do both steps of the add on process?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DougM2 addons will only work if your public mobile account is Active. So make sure of that.

Is this the first 'Roam-Talk Text 250 Data plan' you added to your account since in the USA?

Try restarting your phone, or perform a reset of the device's network settings to help you get connected to the right network.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Di you add funds to your account to cover the cost of the US plan?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DougM2   Try to connect to T-Mobile.  This is the only one that can provide you voice now

Need Help? Let's chat.