cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US talk/text bundle

mofo71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I have a 50G Canada wide plan.  We are heading to the US for 11 days.  I’m a little confused about the US add ons.  Do I need to purchase a US add on for calling, texting, and using data in the US?  On other threads it appears I just have to put US roaming on in my phone settings & I don’t need to get an add on… I have an iPhone 12. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mofo71 it sounds like you have the Canada only plan that has unlimited throttled data after you reach the 50GB usage. If this is the case then yes, you will need to get one of the add ons below:

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 2.47.34 PM.png

for talk, text and data there is a $30 addon. All add ons seem to be good for 15 days but be sure to buy it right before you leave as it will start right away

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mofo71  No need to purchase anything if you already have CAN/US plan it has roaming built into the plan itself . Just when in the US make sure you have data roaming turned on in phone settings . And network set to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T some have said Verizon works to so you safe to try all 3 . Enjoy the trip 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.