cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming working sometimes

bcwaterlily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a US add on with data, talk & text.  The first day I didn't have auto download on for group messages, so turned it on my phone worked great.  Could send/receive photos and group messages fine.  Yesterday it was only working sometimes and today group messages and texting photos isn't working at all.  Haven't changed settings since it was working fine.  I've looked at a bunch of settings and they look correct, but I must be missing something.  Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

@bcwaterlily That's great! I've had issues with 5G on AT&T a few times. TMobile seems to be okay, but 4G is rock solid so you may as well just leave it on 4G when roaming.

bcwaterlily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, changed from 5G to LTE and it works fine now.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Try forcing your preferred network type to 4G instead of 5G. And if you're having problems on AT&T, manually connect to T-Mobile. Lastly, ensure you have data roaming turned on in your connection settings. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Unless you're getting connected to something other than T-Mobile or AT&T, leave the networks on automatic. If your phone is set to 5G then set it to 4G LTE. Of course leave roaming data on and turn on cell data.
Are you moving around from different locations?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bcwaterlily , are you seeing your phone connect to T-Mobile or AT&T?  You would need to connect to one of these roaming partners for data to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.