cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming package

metta126
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings, I bought a roaming package Unlimited Text-Talk-Data 250MB (10-day). I'm in Seaside OR, so really not in the middle of nowhere where, so there is network. But whenever I try to text someone it says '' No signal found for mobile networks'' and when I try make a call it says '' Not registered on network''. So only the internet works. 

I'm quite disappointed I must say ☹️ So would anyone know why this package isn't working as it should?

7 REPLIES 7

@metta126 wrote:

Hey thanks a lot! I manually set the network and I can text now 🤗 Still cannot use voice but that's okay..Cheers!

@metta126   You have data in your plan.  Download VoIP app TextNow, setup a new account and pick a 10 digits number.  You can then make calls and receive calls on the app (on Wifi or Mobile Data) with that new number.  This can be a workaround for now

When you are back, still open a ticket with PM and tell them about the voice issue, they will likely provide you some kind of compensation.

Enjoy your trip  

metta126

Hey thanks a lot! I manually set the network and I can text now 🤗 Still cannot use voice but that's okay. Cheers!

metta126

Hey thanks a lot! I manually set the network and I can text now 🤗 Still cannot use voice but that's okay..Cheers!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@metta126 

Purchasing an addon is TWO STEPS; be sure to:

1. Add funds to your account, if you don’t have sufficient funds  
  2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

If you still see the $s in your Available Funds area, then you need to go back to complete step #2.

@metta126   According to https://www.gsma.com/coverage/#466  Seaside, OR has T-Mobile 2G and LTE network.  So, as long as you can connect to T-Mobile, you should be able to have  text and data without issue.  Voice would likely work too as T-Mobile has 2G network there.

AT&T also has LTE coverage there, so, if you can connect to AT&T, data and text should work without problem.  But voice would depends if AT&T has shutdown the 3G network there yet

Just a reminder, use manual connect to network selection, but leave it with LTE/WCDMA/GSM for preferred network type.

Also, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone settings

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@metta126 hi atandt and tmobile have shut down there 3g service for calling alot of people are having similar issues 

contact a cs agent ask them to help or ask for a refund

1. you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@metta126   Which network you are connected to?

PM partners with T-Mobile and At&T, best to choose the network manually instead of leave it as Automatic in the network selection

For better connection for voice, please first try to connect to T-Mobile.  

Need Help? Let's chat.