cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming data not working

Emsuzzz218
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased the 500mb US roaming data add-on before boarding a plane this morning, now I’m stuck using wifi at the airport until I can figure this out.

I used 611 to purchase the add-on. It said in the first step that $20 had been successfully added to my account. In the second step it said the add-on had been added and if that was the only reason for my call, hang up.

The public mobile website is showing my balance still at $20, and on the overview page does not show the add on. However the add-on page does show the add-on, even though my balance is still $20.

Help please!

8FC448A2-DCF7-4017-9040-9D0611AE7BFF.png071C55F0-149F-437A-8718-7474EAD7200B.pngB3F736FB-FBB2-416A-A08F-083F29E43FA8.png

13 REPLIES 13

@Emsuzzz218 wrote:

Oh I caught it. **bleep**. I’m so sleep deprived rn... and really pretty upset this is happening.

@Emsuzzz218, did this get resolved?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Emsuzzz218

Oh I caught it. **bleep**. I’m so sleep deprived rn... and really pretty upset this is happening.

@Emsuzzz218 wrote:

What info are you seeing?? I edited out my name, account number... 

Also, as I said in the original post I bought it using 611. Did both steps, again, as I said in the original post. Shall I go ahead and repeat that I have data roaming on?

Self-serve doesn’t offer 500mb US data roaming, only 611 does that.

Self serve does offer the 500mb and it is $15.  So if you aren't seeing it in self serve it should be added to your account now we just need to figure out why it isn't activated.

US Roaming.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Emsuzzz218

Only 611 offers the add-on I purchased. You can not purchase 500mb US roaming data on the website.

Emsuzzz218

What info are you seeing?? I edited out my name, account number... 

Also, as I said in the original post I bought it using 611. Did both steps, again, as I said in the original post. Shall I go ahead and repeat that I have data roaming on?

Self-serve doesn’t offer 500mb US data roaming, only 611 does that.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@

@Emsuzzz218, if you were to go and look at buying this addon again is it listed as an option?  If it is it means it hasn't been added to your account as you can't stack the same US roaming addons.  So if you see this option listed I would select it and let it take the money from your Available funds.  Also see if you can manually select the T~Mobile or AT&T networks

@Emsuzzz218, there is still private info showing on your images.

I've looked again, did you re-add the addon via Self-Serve?  It's a two-step process.  The first step is to add the money, the second step is re-add the add-on.  Give that a shot, as it may be easier within the web app.

I thought it was listed previously, I do not see it now (my mistake).

Emsuzzz218

Trying lost phone setting now. 5 minutes on the clock...

Emsuzzz218

The add-on doesn’t appear in my transactions 

038F44B0-8B82-4E2F-A1FF-EA5668D07999.png

Emsuzzz218

Oh good point, edited now.

Data and data roaming are both on. I’ve turned them on and off again, as well as restarting the phone several times.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you show payment history page?

Seems to have worked for some situations. Enable lost stolen phone mode the wait 5 minutes then enable found phone.

Edit is data roaming on?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Emsuzzz218, you need to remove your images and edit them before re-posting.  You are sharing your account number and other possible personal information as they currently are.

As the addon is showing, it should be active.  Have you turned on data and roaming on your cell phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.