cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US plan

Carlmley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm relatively new to PM, but I did notice a US plan that was available for $60/mth that now seems to be missing.  I will be travelling to the US next month for 4 weeks; is my only option now to purchase a US roaming plan for $20/10 days and renew every 10 days?  If that is the case, am I able to change my plan to the $15/mth while I am gone (adding US roaming to it) and go back to the $40/mth plan when I return?

Thanx!

7 REPLIES 7

@Carlmley wrote:

OMG, this sounds complicated! LOL

I guess I will have to contact a moderator to see how to best approach this. (Don't want to spend my holidays online trying to sort this out!)

Thank you for your input! 🙂

@Carlmley  yes it can get a little confusing sometimes with some of the quirks in the PM system, but if you know ahead of time of these issues at least then you can plan a little better to avoid some of the headaches.  Good luck:)

Sorry @dabr ninja'd. But point is important and you did post at the same time I did. It might look funny to others though. Great minds think alike.

Carlmley

OMG, this sounds complicated! LOL

I guess I will have to contact a moderator to see how to best approach this. (Don't want to spend my holidays online trying to sort this out!)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Carlmley wrote:

I'm relatively new to PM, but I did notice a US plan that was available for $60/mth that now seems to be missing.  I will be travelling to the US next month for 4 weeks; is my only option now to purchase a US roaming plan for $20/10 days and renew every 10 days?  If that is the case, am I able to change my plan to the $15/mth while I am gone (adding US roaming to it) and go back to the $40/mth plan when I return?

Thanx!

In addition to what @ChuckYeah has mentioned, is to remember that you cannot renew to the same US roaming add-on immediately after 10 days, you need to wait another 24 hours before being able to purchase that one again.  You can, however, purchase a different US roaming package without delay, or send a request to moderators couple of days ahead of the expiry of your US roaming to allow for the same roaming to be added immediately after the 10 day expiry.

Edit:  I see @ChuckYeah  already made the same point whilst I was typing:)

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Carlmley That is an option for sure. There are some concerns tho:

1. Will the plan your on still be available when you return?

2. If you need data when your back in Canada, you may need to switch back early forfeiting the rest of your $15 plan.

Over all, it sounds like a great idea.

As for the $60 plan, it was here this summer for a short time, but there has been nothing doin' lately. Lots of people have ased to get it back tho. @Alan_K 

One other thing to be aware of, each $10 days you need a new add on. However, there is currently an issue where you cannot rebuy an add on the day after it expires. So you'll either have to utilize two different addons in a 4week period. 

Also, know that when you return to Canada, you will have texting issues for the first 24 hours.

If I were you, i would send a ticket to @CS_Agent on advice on how to manage these issues most effectively while you're away.

Carlmley

Good to know that I wasn't seeing things!  Good points!... if the plans change that often my best bet would be to stay on my current plan and just add roaming as needed.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Carlmley That is an option for sure. There are some concerns tho:

1. Will the plan your on still be available when you return?

2. If you need data when your back in Canada, you may need to switch back early forfeiting the rest of your $15 plan.

Over all, it sounds like a great idea.

As for the $60 plan, it was here this summer for a short time, but there has been nothing doin' lately. Lots of people have ased to get it back tho. @Alan_K 

Need Help? Let's chat.