cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming not working...No WIFI calling

zbaker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daugher's birthday is today and I couldn't call her after paying $30 for US roaming which isn't working. 

She restarted her phone.  (She's on T-Mobile)

She is on an iphone 11.

We checked the network settings and address and it's still set to public mobile APN address (isp.mb.com). What is T Mobile's?

I am so frustrated with Public and I've only been a customer for a month. 

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @zbaker 

she has the bundle with data?  ask her to download TextNow , a voip app.  With that you can call her or she can call you on a new number she can choose when she setup the app

For the T-Moible roaming, she can try to change the network to 2G and it could help to receive phone calls on roaming.  

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just to clarify are you both in the US?  US roaming is for when you travel to the United States with your Public Mobile phone to make calls there, not for calling a US phone number while in Canada.   I think you might have purchased the incorrect add on.  You should have purchased the 1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes for $15 if you are indeed calling from within Canada to your daughter in the US.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@zbaker - Who is where?

This sounds like YOU are in the USA ... Is that correct? Because Roaming addons are for use whilst in USA on an Active plan.

Or, is SHE in USA, and which country are you in?

Edit, if whoever is in the USA has successfully added the USA Roaming onto their account try restarting the phone or perform a reset of the device's network settings.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can she change her network connection from what is probably LTE down to 2G? Can she do any SMS texting (not imessage instant messaging)? Can she browse any websites with Safari (adding - using cell data, not wifi)? Is this a re-buy or the first one bought?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@zbaker wrote:

My daugher's birthday is today and I couldn't call her after paying $30 for US roaming which isn't working. 

She restarted her phone.  (She's on T-Mobile)

She is on an iphone 11.

We checked the network settings and address and it's still set to public mobile APN address (isp.mb.com). What is T Mobile's?

I am so frustrated with Public and I've only been a customer for a month. 

Public Mobile doesn't have wifi calling.  The APN address needs no change. It's the same APN as usual but that's for data only.

Need Help? Let's chat.