cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming (Data) stopped working

theoc198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

2 family members which are currently in the US have had their data stop working yesterday. Both phones/plans had a 1 gb $20 add-on added to them and to have data stop working completely is a massive problem. Especially since the add-on cost for just data isn't exactly cheap. To be clear the add-on has been active for less than 10 days, and under 250 MB have been used on each phone

What's going on and how do I get this resolved? I already messaged Public Mobile on facebook and have not recieved a response. This isn't a simple issue of restarting a phone. The phones being used are identical Nexus 6 phones with the exact same plans. Both phones lost data at some point yesterday and neither were able to get it back. Restarting the phone, cycling airplane mode, and manually chosing a network (both ATT & T-Mobile) all did nothing. Is anyone else in the US facing the same isses?

16 REPLIES 16

theoc198

@millers55 Same thing for me. Public Mobile refunded me in full for both lines at least.

theoc198

@oh-well Use Google Maps for GPS and save the area for offline. It will still allow you to use it for naviagation even without data. https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6291838?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Vanterax

I hope someone can help you, but as far as my issue is concerned, it has not reappeared and it's been over a week.  

oh-well
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm having the same issue today. Please help , I need it for gps

Vanterax

I'm going to the US in a month.  Posts like these are getting me really concerned.

millers55
@theoc198
I'm not sure yet, the problem still exists for me.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Hello  @theoc198

I see that Mary responded to you, I truely hope that you problem will be fixed . 

Please let us know once you any updates, 🙂

Thanks

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Can you please check the data limit on your nexus phone. I think you set the data limit at 250 mb for both phones.
If that is the case then you have to uncheck your data limit to solve the problem. Please let us know the update.

theoc198

@zhadj030 Yea both of them stopping at the same time made me believe that it was something on Public Mobile's end. Still tried to do the basics but nothing seemed to be working. I've already checked both accounts and everything seems normal. Accounts are "Active" and there is plenty of data left on the add-on for both accounts. The phones are connecting to the networks but they are not able to esablish a data connection (Exclamation point in the signal icon). 

theoc198

@millers55 What did the problem end up being? 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Glad I could pitch in 🙂 @dohadotahmed

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dohadotahmed
@Mary_M
Thanks for taking care of this.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Theox198,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I've received your FB message as well, I will be responding to you shortly 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dohadotahmed
It seems that the data roaming problem was from the public mobile end as some other people are reporting. And also you did everything from your end to solve the problem.
So please private message @Mary_M to resolve the issue asap...I know it's frustrating.

millers55
There seems to be a bunch of us who lost data roaming yesterday (myself included).
@Mary_M was helping me to resolve the issue. She may be able to help you as well.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Hello there.
In is really odd that they both stopped at the same time. I would suggest that you check the stat of the account, check if there are any messages about any kind of errors on it. If it says that all working fine and the add-on is still working fine then I would suggest you send a private mail to a moderator. They are way quicker on the forums then anywhere else.
Here is how to contact them :
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Make sure to include your phone number ; PIN , and a description of the issue.
As mentioned in the link they start working today at 9am EST
Need Help? Let's chat.