cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Long Distance

Nomi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have both US and international long distance add-ons. Why are my US calls being charged against international long distance?

15 REPLIES 15

Nomi

I can't really complain if they use the freebies up first. Once I start paying for add-ons, if it doesn't work the way it should than I will complain. But I have lots of free minutes to use up first.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe other keen observers can verify my theory that maybe the system uses up the freebies before moving on to any paid add-ons. Like maybe with data. Or maybe the other way around. I just wonder if the system looks at paid or free and decides which one to use.

I do think that if one has a particular add-on that has the same destination as another that it should use the particular add-on. But I don't operate this cell service 🙂

@Nomi   Support has done the right thing  🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nomi  Sweet and I agree with you 100%

Nomi

They have refunded the cost of my US minutes to my account, so my next renewal will be cheaper. As long as they are freebie minutes I can't really complain about using them first.

@Nomi   possible support can fix it.  But look like this is how the system is coded, so, if you really need to make it right, you have to fix with support all the time

So, at the moment, the US LD addon is untouched (because system is using the bonus add-on)?  If so, maybe ask support to reverse the US LD addon transaction completely instead, since it won't be used at the moment

Nomi

They say that they are charged in order, but not exactly. I have 4 different holiday/bonus giveaways, but they are currently charging to the second oldest. Whatever; when my freebies are done I will add a US add-on and later an international one. If they don't charge correctly then I will worry about it.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nomi  Good plan , use up freebies first . So many mysteries around here .hard to keep up with them all 🙂

Nomi

Yes, I have only had the freebies until now. It has been taking from the second oldest. But it looks like I have to use up all the international freebies before I add the US one. It will be a while yet.

@Nomi wrote:

Yes, but I also make international calls. I bought cheaper US minutes to use to call there instead of wasting my international minutes. (Up until recently I had US calling included in my plan, so this was never an issue.)

@Nomi   are they taking the minutes off from the Bonus International minutes addon you got in December?

The order where the minutes are charged is confusing.  Open a ticket with PM support and see what they can do.  Sometimes, they can add back the minutes on the wrong add-ons they charged from.  Message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nomi  Well that not what happened in my case because I’ve never bought a add on just the free holiday give aways and as you see in my screen shot they took from two one was a year older then the last 

Nomi

I have been told that this is supposed to be done in the order the add-ons were added. If you have international add-ons that are older than US add-ons, they will use the international ones. When my freebie international minutes are used up, I will buy a US add-on before an international one, which should charge the US calls to the US add-on, and the non-US calls to the international add-on.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nomi please message support for answer as to why and update us 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

Nomi

Yes, but I also make international calls. I bought cheaper US minutes to use to call there instead of wasting my international minutes. (Up until recently I had US calling included in my plan, so this was never an issue.)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nomi  I’ve wondered this my self , it’s just takes from what ever available it seems 

check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1686746869481.jpeg

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.