cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add on

Jojo78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am from Canada but going to the USA for vacation. What add on do I need to use my cell in the USA and not be charged crazy usage fees to use my phone?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jojo78 

PM is a prepaid service so if you don’t purchase an Add-on…you won’t be charge.

If you are just looking for calling and texting. Just download the WhatsApp or TextNow app for free calling and texting when you connect to wifi.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jojo78 , what plan do you currently have?  The lowest priced CAN-US plan which incorporates roaming into the plan is $34.  If you travel a reasonable number of times to the US, that might be an option over buying roaming add-ons.  Also calls to the US from Canada are included.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jojo78 

if you just going US for a short trip,  you can buy one of the US roaming add-ons.  There are different one to choose:

Bundle - US Roaming - Talk, Text and 3GB Data (15 days)- $30 (25 Reward points)
Bundle - US Roaming - Talk and Text (15 days) - $15 (10 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 250 MB Data (15 days) - $10.00 (5 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 1GB Data (15 days) - $20.00 (15 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 3GB Data (15 days) - $25.00 (20 Reward points)

US data has a 15 days expiry, it will start right after the purchase is completed successfully.  So, you can wait till closer to your trip to buy it

Also, a reminder, when you are in US, make sure you try to connect to T-Mobile and AT&T network. If it does not connect automatically, then change the Network connection to manual and select try  T-Mobile and AT&T manuall.  

If you roaming purchase includes data, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone.  Change network mode to 4G/LTE  

If your roaming purchase includes voice, enable VoLTE on your device and you might be able to use VoLTE for voice.  But if not, your phone should change to 2G network on T-Mobile ONLY and test voice calls 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

do you need data or voice ? they have different roaming add-on depends on your need

Need Help? Let's chat.