cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/* URGENT */ Phone number changed randomly

Florian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I’ve been with Public Mobile since the beginning of the year. I ported my number over from TELUS and never really had an issue but today it seemed that for an unknown reason, my phone number has changed. I noticed this as I called someone and they said they didn’t recognize the phone number. For some reason, in my iPhone, my phone number is still the one I’ve always used, same thing in the Self-Serve interface. And when I try to call my usual phone number, it says it’s not in service anymore. I can’t pinpoint when this change happen (again, I didn’t request for any changes) but I’m assuming it happened on my renewal date (Sep. 2nd) as I had an issue with a change of plan and someone at Public Mobile tried to fix it.

Can you please re-activate my usual phone number? I’m waiting for some important calls and as of now, nobody can call me (and I don’t want to give out this new phone number to everyone since I don’t want to use it).

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

@dustinllewellyn 

your son's number got changed? Did he join PM for a bit over a month and he tried to port in old number?

If so, the port was not completed as he didn't reply Yes to a text from old provider to give them a go ahead.. He needs to confirm if his account with his old provider still active. If it is, he needs to request porting again from PM's My Account 

@dustinllewellyn wrote:

This happened to my son too!   Can’t be that unusual.  Someone want to help him?

Unfortunately, Shazia_K is no longer at Public Mobile.  Sometimes, a number gets changed if Public Mobile mistakenly assigned a phone number that's already being used by somebody else.  This can also happen if an incoming number porting request was made but the number trasfer failed.

dustinllewellyn

This happened to my son too!   Can’t be that unusual.  Someone want to help him?

Florian

Thanks Shazia, I just sent you the information.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Florian

I'm sorry about this, this seems as a very strange situation.

Can you please send me the following info via private message: 

- Current SIM card #

- Initial phone #

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I also remember that case, very strange. Let's hope they can get this fixed rather quickly. Definitely s serious issue.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

That's weird. If i remember correctly, there was one user with the exact same issue. He requested to change his number few months ago. I think staff member were able to help him retrieve his number. So, i hope they can do the same for you. 

@Shazia_K @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.