cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typo ported number, now what?

alokdicarla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up to Public and ported my old Bell Mobility # to the new Public SIM, unfortunately i typed in the wrong number to port to.  I received a phone call by a moderator who left a message on my husband's phone saying the number i ported from has a security lock on it (i guess a 4 digit key).  That info probably belongs to whoever's account that belongs to that i tried porting from.  I created a ticket a few days ago to get help and no response.  I'm not sure what my options are.  I even thought of cancelling this account and recreating a new one from scratch, but i think i would be a month in the hole for payment and i dont know if i can do that with a SIM i already have a number on.  Ive had random txt messages arrive while others did not arrive to my phone, making me think that there is somehow 2 active phones using this same number at the moment. Mine and whoever owned this number before i ported it.  I just want to port my correct number from my old SIM with Bell.  Any advise?

3 REPLIES 3

alokdicarla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It looks like the moderator team was messaging me here via direct message which i just noticed.  Looks like i'm in communication with them now, thanks for the heads up.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@alokdicarla  So you currently activated with a temporary number that you selected at sign up?

Simon.JPG

Type "port request" and follow the steps.

Or contact the moderators via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will write back to your forum inbox. Envelope top right ish.

They will sort you out and you will be all set to enjoy the savings. If you used a referral code when activating for a $10 signup bonus that will be credited to your account within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@alokdicarla 

Can you reply back to the ticket you opened previously with PM to see what the status is? 

Try submitting a ticket again:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.