cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to activate

JapanTrip
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
Subscribed my mom and just received the SIM card.  However to activate it says I need to download the app.  Her Alcatel flip phone doesn't have apps.  She's a senior and that's way too confusing for her. How do I proceed?

3 REPLIES 3

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

You can download the app on your phone for her to activate the account. Put her Sim card in your phone and download following all the instructions. 

Once it done, you can remove the Sim from your phone and put into her phone. You can then remove the app from your phone once successfully done.

Moving forward she or yourself can manage the account from the website, the app is mo longer needed.

That is what I did back when I signed up a few months ago. It was seemless and worked without any issues 👏.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JapanTrip 

any Public Mobile issues are addressed, firstly, here in the PM Community Forum. Sounds like you'll be administering Mom's account...so always come here when you need help with most issues. We'll do our best to answer right away, or guide you to proper resource.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JapanTrip  Can you use someone else phone to download the app to activate , then delete app from friends phone . From there your mom can manage her account in the website as normal 

Need Help? Let's chat.