cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Activate: Getting "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time..."

lanerolle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am trying to Activate my SIM card and I keep getting the message "

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."
Tried 2 different Credit Cards and 3 different browsers. No luck.
I called the Credit Card company (Master Card) and they are saying the auth was requested for $0.00. The Public Mobile payment screen clealy shows the amout is going to be $135.60. Don't understand what's going on.
Funny thing is I activated 2 different SIM cards yesterday and day before with the same master card and they went through without a hitch. So I am totally confused and feel helpless here.
I see few other threads talking about the same thing but no resolution 😞
Thanks
Kyle
21 REPLIES 21

skr236
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks i have sent a private message to the moderator team..

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@skr236 it is best to private message the mods directly and not tag them as tehy will need to verify your account.

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address , pin number if possible
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

skr236

@Shazia_K 

i am having a similar issue...all my cc details are correct and i have being chrged $0 for my cc account.. it happened multiple times...can u help me with this

@Shazia_K wrote:

@lanerolle

Can you get in touch with me via private message? 

Thanks,

Shazia

@m0b1liz3  Send a private message to the moderators with your account details and they can help you out.

m0b1liz3

I am also getting this error.  I tried the same card 3x because I initially thought it was due to VPN.  I disabled VPN and still kept getting the same error.  Tried another computer and same problem.  I read on another thread from last year that this bills the card even though nothing was activated.  That better not be the case

imm1304

Thanks for the update @lanerolle.  Happy to hear that you have now joined PM.  

Although we don't get any phone supoort, the moderators get things done and resolve the issues efficiently in most cases.  Enjoy the PM experience and see you around the community.  

Super @Shazia_K saves the day, yet again 😄

lanerolle

Finally got it to work with the help of @Shazia_K. She was very helpful and prompt through out. Not sure why it wasn't working when I tried it by myself but I am happy I received the help that was needed. Big thanks to Shazia again!

lanerolle

@Shazia_K Just did

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@lanerolle

Can you get in touch with me via private message? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

lanerolle

@Shazia_K I am using the correct credit card details. The transaction auth request is getting to the credit card company but for some reason the amount is $0

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @lanerolle

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to activate with your Master card.

Can you confirm that the address on file is the exact same as the address on the credit card bank statement? You must also make sure that you enter the expiry date correctly, example; January 2017 would be 0117*

Please confirm, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

lanerolle
I tried a MasterCard as well as a visa. No luck. I am waiting for a moderator to help me

imm1304

Hi @lanerolle!

Welcome to the PM Community.

I had the same problem when I activated a new line a week ago.

It was a Mastercard I tried to use when I got the same error message.

I tried a Visa card and it worked.  If you are able to use a different credit card or a debit visa, it will probably work.  Otherwise, just wait for the moderators to help you.  

@dboxtvinfo wrote:
I meant the proccesing of payment. Once you create your PM self serve account. Then activate sim.

Activating and creating an account is the same process. You can not create self-seve account without activating sim card. 

lanerolle

Not sure what you mean. I can't activate my SIM card so there is no account created hense nothing to logon to.

Not really sure why it would't accept the same credit card you used before. May be try purchasing a voucher? 

Staff member will help you tomorrow so don't worry. 

Thank you for your patient. 

lanerolle

I tried a browser on a different laptop altogether that I have never previously used for Public Mobile. So browser cache is not an issue unfortunately.

@lanerolle wrote:

Thanks but I tried few times with couple of hours apart but no luck. Is there anybody (mods) I can reach out to specifically?

Did you try it in incognito/private mode? Or tried after clearing browser's caches and cookies?

As i said, they won't be online till tomorrow morning. So you will have to wait. 

@Shazia_K @Mary_M

lanerolle

Thanks but I tried few times with couple of hours apart but no luck. Is there anybody (mods) I can reach out to specifically?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry to hear you're having problem activating. 

You might wanna give it another later on. PM staff member will help you set up, but they won't be on until tomorrow. So, try again later today and let us know if you still couldn't activate. 

Need Help? Let's chat.