cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with mobile data

camelspade
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I've been using Public Mobile without any major issues for over the last 2 years. However, earlier today my mobile data stopped working. I'm using iOS on iPhone 7, version 13.3.

My phone shows LTE, but for some reason I'm unable to use any sites or apps that require an internet connection. I tried power cycling my phone, resetting the network settings, and removing the SIM card and re-inserting it. WiFi seems to be working normally, just mobile data seems to have stopped working from the afternoon today.

Any suggestions on what I should do? And if anyone else is facing similar issues?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

camelspade

Yes I'll double check everything from my end to make sure, and will also check the data balance once the new billing cycle starts. Thanks again for all your help everyone!

@camelspade wrote:

Now that you mention this, my plan shows 4.5 GB at 3G speed as well, but I don't see that listed under the Data & Addons page, so I'm guessing I've consumed everything! First time! Lol

That being said, is there no way for me to view how much data I consumed at 3G speed? In fact, I do not recall seeing the 4.5 GB at 3G speed section under my data usage previously. My payment date is in a couple of days so I will check it out again to make sure I'm not deceiving anyone including myself.

Now that you probably have used up all data, you cannot see how much you used because the system removes the entry once you pass the limit mark and disables data. Best is to check in your phone settings and you will know if you used closed to 4.5GB of data this 30 days period. 

camelspade

Now that you mention this, my plan shows 4.5 GB at 3G speed as well, but I don't see that listed under the Data & Addons page, so I'm guessing I've consumed everything! First time! Lol

That being said, is there no way for me to view how much data I consumed at 3G speed? In fact, I do not recall seeing the 4.5 GB at 3G speed section under my data usage previously. My payment date is in a couple of days so I will check it out again to make sure I'm not deceiving anyone including myself.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@camelspade 

Check your data usage line on your overview page after login.

You had used all your data if you don't see any data usage line(s).

I have a 5GB plan.  I have used 3469MB out of 5GB.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    0  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    0  /  400 MIN
    1GB Promo
    697.544  /  1024 MB
    5GB at 3G Speed
    3469.235  /  5120 MB

camelspade

@NDesai thanks for your prompt response! You're right, I do not see any data in my account anymore. I guess I should check obvious things before posting, my apologies!

Have a good evening!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@camelspade Login to your self-serve account, and make sure you have data available to use. 

Need Help? Let's chat.