cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to switch to a 90 day plan and it billed me twice??

gfraser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to switch from a 30 Day plan to a 90 day plan that was what I though would be $120 for the 90 days. But it seems like it will bill me twice on the 28th of May? Am I reading that right? Also, my plan hasn't actually changed yet? I need to add National Long Distance ASAP as I can't make long distance calls from my phone and I am stuck using a calling card for now? How can I make the plan change take effect immediately and how do I make sure it doesn't bill my Credit card twice? I don't want to pay for 6 months at a time. The service barely works as it is. My calls drop all the time...  😞Biledtwice.jpgPublicMobile.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

@gfraser wrote:

I tried to switch from a 30 Day plan to a 90 day plan that was what I though would be $120 for the 90 days. But it seems like it will bill me twice on the 28th of May? Am I reading that right? Also, my plan hasn't actually changed yet? I need to add National Long Distance ASAP as I can't make long distance calls from my phone and I am stuck using a calling card for now? How can I make the plan change take effect immediately and how do I make sure it doesn't bill my Credit card twice? I don't want to pay for 6 months at a time. The service barely works as it is. My calls drop all the time...  😞

I see a payment being made on May 23rd, and it looks to have been a manually inititated payment.  That $240 has already been charged to your credit card.  If that was on purpose, or even if it is in error either by accident or because of a system glitch, the good news is that the money hasn't vanished.  The $240 will remain in your account until it gets used up.  if the double top up was because of a Public Mobile mistake, you'll have to discuss that with the moderators.

As @mimmo was saying, you could do an immediate plan change, but you would lose the remaining time and what you've paid for your old plan.  I would still suggest to date the change to take effect at the next renewal time. 

In the meanwhile, you could install Hangouts Dialer.  That is an app that will allow you to use the internet to call Canada and U.S. numbers for free.

gfraser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Thanks for all the advice People! 

I made my plan changes clicked "Change Plan" and got a pop up this time asking me to confirm my plan, which I was NOT getting before.

Thanks again 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gfraser wrote:

I tried to switch from a 30 Day plan to a 90 day plan that was what I though would be $120 for the 90 days. But it seems like it will bill me twice on the 28th of May? Am I reading that right? Also, my plan hasn't actually changed yet? I need to add National Long Distance ASAP as I can't make long distance calls from my phone and I am stuck using a calling card for now? How can I make the plan change take effect immediately and how do I make sure it doesn't bill my Credit card twice? I don't want to pay for 6 months at a time. The service barely works as it is. My calls drop all the time...  😞Biledtwice.jpgPublicMobile.jpg

@gfraser  From the payment history screenshot it appears that you topped up your account twice for $120.00 each time. In other words you have a balance (credit) of $240.00 in your account. From the second screenshoot it doesn't appear that you have changed your plan. When you login into your account and click on the plan details does it show a plan change scheduled for your next renewal? If not, it means that you haven't scheduled the plan change yet. As for the LD if you need to be able to call long distance you can purchase a LD add-on 200 minutes US and Canada for $8.00. PM also offeres a 400 International LD add-on for $15 with the ability to call  an additional 17 countries + Canada and US just make sure the country you wish to call is on the list.

So it appears you have $240.00 in your account. Click on plan change to setup the plan change and best to pick on next renewal date so that you don't lose the funds that you already made for your existing 30 day plan. The purchase the LD add-on use the Plans & Add-ons tab. Please note that the balance that you currently have will be used first when processing renewals or purchasing an add-on by the PM system.

A good read regarding Plans and Add-on can be found here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

yes you are reading it corrrectly you have 240$ in available funds.  you should be able to simply click change plans and select the plan you want then  select chnage now.  available funds should be used before teh CC.

if you wnat to be extra sure then remove your cc form teh account.  that way it cn not charge you.

doing an immediate plan chnage will forefit anythingyou have in your old plan.  if its close to renewal not a big deal.  if you wnat to call long distance you could also but the 400 minute addon for $15 or the 200 for $8

Need Help? Let's chat.