cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trasferring number

Salime
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just activated my SIM but my number with Lucky Mobile could not be trasferreddue to incorrect ESN/MEID. What should I do?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8

Salime

Oh ok, I am new here...

I changed it...

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Salime   if @darlicious helped you, you should have picked that  as Accepted solution instead.

Salime

Lol, thank you. You helped me😊

I called the number you sent me and iy was done in a few minutes.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Lol....did I help a customer from chatr today too....? Getting my providers mixed up today not so lucky but full of chatr I guess?!!

@Salime 

Apologies for my brain fart!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

@darlicious wrote:

@Salime 

I will private message you the telus porting department number. You can call them with your chatr account # or the correct IMEI # and reinitiate your port request. Ensure you have your chatr sim card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it.

This customer is trying to port from Lucky Mobile although tje same advice would apply when it comes to leaving the Lucky SIM in the phone and using the Lucky account number.

@Salime wrote:

I just activated my SIM but my number with Lucky Mobile could not be trasferreddue to incorrect ESN/MEID. What should I do?

Before getting a customer service agent at Public Mobile to correct this, you'll wish to know that there is no such thing as an ESN nor MEID of your phone. Those have not been used in Canada for years, so if you're looking on the labels of the device or in the device menus for something identified as those, you won't find anything.   The text message sent by Public Mobile about this contains inaccurate information when it comes to that. (as from earlier, it's the IMEI that can be used). IMEI shouldn't even be used in most cases unless you're transfering the number from Petro Canada or Speakout (using account number instead is much better)..  In addition, if you have the old carrier's account number, do not provide IMEI or the old carrier's account PIN. This can lead to more problems because if any one of these doesn't match, number porting fails. Only one match is needed for porting verification.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Salime 

I will private message you the telus porting department number. You can call them with your chatr account # or the correct IMEI # and reinitiate your port request. Ensure you have your lucky sim card in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it.

Edit:

Oops.... not so lucky!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

Need Help? Let's chat.