cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number didn’t work!

Ronkmills
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thought I transferred my number, but phone still has my carrier as Bell. And Bell confirms I’m still their customer. Public Mobile accepted my subscription and payment and subscription is currently active. So, I’m supposedly paying 2 companies for the same phone number! Not too happy about that! How to I get my number transferred across?

29 REPLIES 29

HI @Ronkmills   thanks for the update

yes, eSIM activation still have problem, lots

Wait a bit, PM will allow  physical sim to change back to eSIM, maybe then you can try again

@Ronkmills  Sorry you had such a conundrum with it , but we happy to hear you got it all sorted of finally 🙂

Ronkmills

Well, I didn't leave after all. I ended up buying a new SIM Card as PM could not get the eSIM to work. That resolved the issues, although it took 6 days to do it from the time of the original subscription. 

So, I'm here! Thank you all for your help, and pointing me in the right direction. It wasn't until I landed on the community page that I actually received information that allowed me to move forward. The CS Agent assistance was sorely lacking.

Have a great day folks ...

Ronkmills

Have been trying to work through this with the CS Agent. Tried several things, he sent QR code to scan - didn’t work, tried multiple times, no go. Copied QRCode URL to a browser and then tried to scan, same result eSIM will not activate.  Tried to manually enter activation code, again, fail. 
This is now at the point of ridiculous. I came here to save a few dollars, referred by a friend, and now have been without a phone for 5 days. Kind of misses the point! Had an invite to return to Bell for a nice retention plan. Had been with them for 11 years. At least my phone worked. Think I’m heading back that way. Public Mobile service is poor, technical support is NOT service oriented, and the policy of not talking to your customers is a really bad idea when they need help. Maybe this is a technical glitch, but they need to get their act together. I do have to say, the Community idea is a good one, and I like that part…. But bottom line is, I need a phone. That works. All the time. Best wishes to you all.

C’ya.

@Ronkmills  You and me both @Ronkmills  I’m like water I like the path of least resistance …. We are happy to have helped you in the right track , hopefully you bet everything sorted out before long .

Ronkmills

Thanks. I’m a simple man, and look for simple solutions. Sometimes they are the ones that elude us.

Ronkmills

I get it. But here’s the thing, if we need porting support, shouldn’t they be available - even if it’s by coming to the community with a “porting” problem, and then some great community helper says, Oh, there is a department for that … here you go …  yes, thank you very much! What a great community tobe part of! 😊

HI @Ronkmills the number is for porting team support only.  Look like they worry people found the number and try to call for any other questions.  This is the only support line PM provides 🙂

Ronkmills

Well I’m glad he did. It was the 1st time someone from PM was able to actually get me going in the right direction, and it got my number transferred over at least. Still work8ng on the rest. 
Here’s a question, whi is Public Mobile so shy about people connecting directly to their employees who should be able to help them. Why keep the numbers, or contacts so secret? Seems counter productive to an industry that’s service related. Jmho.

HI @Ronkmills   message CS agent and let us know what they say. Again, the eSIM activation server could have some problem still, they might as you to re-try tomorrow

Ronkmills

I did a Network rest, didn’t help. Still think its eSIM.

@Ronkmills wrote:

Hey Handy, I see in the data path you shared above the option to add eSIM. Since I can add it, I must presume I don’t have it, so that’s definitely the issue. I shared some info with an agent tonight, so hopefully he can put this right. Maybe as easy as sending me a QR code?

HI @Ronkmills 

I heard last night and this morning they were having trouble with eSIM activation, it could be why the activation was not completed

My apologies 

HI @Handy1  you are not supposed to post the poring team number here

please remove

@Ronkmills  Fingers crossed , that or a reset on your account … either way let us know how it turns out please 

Ronkmills

Hey Handy, I see in the data path you shared above the option to add eSIM. Since I can add it, I must presume I don’t have it, so that’s definitely the issue. I shared some info with an agent tonight, so hopefully he can put this right. Maybe as easy as sending me a QR code?

@Ronkmills  Settings > cellular > cellular data network 

Ronkmills

I thunk you’re rightabout the sim card. They were supposed to activate an esim with my phone, but I never saw an activation come through. That’s likely what is missing.

Ronkmills

Did a reboot, but not sure how to reset network settings. I can see the network settings under settings/general/about …but no way to reset them.

hi @Ronkmills so, the phone with PM sim  was never able to make call?? then it is a som card setup problem.   Agent would be able to fix it

@Ronkmills  Did you reboot the phone ? , or and try resting the network settings ? Try that while you wait might just be what you needs to do if you haven’t already 

Ronkmills

I put in a ticket to a Community Agent. 

Ronkmills

Well, I giess the porting happened, but now the phone has no network, and can’t make pr receive calls 🤪

@Ronkmills  Ahh good happy to help 🙂

Ronkmills

That worked. They resent the text message. I responded (again) with “YES”. Then I called Bell to confirm they got it this time. Had to go through 2 calls and a wait time for each one, but they confirmed the number will be ported tonight. Thanks for your help. That was agonizing!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ronkmills 

You will need to keep your old active Bell SIM in your phone to reply to the text confirming with YES that you are porting your number over to PM. You got 90 minutes to reply or else porting will be cancelled. This sounds like your case.

Your next step is to contact the Porting Department to restart the porting process for you but LEAVE your Bell SIM in your phone to reply to the text.

The Bell SIM will continue to work once porting is completed.

Ronkmills

Thanks Handy. I’ e been looking for a number!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ronkmills  Telus porting team phone number (google it)

call them to restart port request 

if you need further assistance from support here the link 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.