cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number

Jibroni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m transferring my old number from Lucky Mobile and it’s transferred it shows my number 778-xxx-xxxx and I can call and text but for some reason I can’t receive any verification codes and I guess so now I can’t get in my bank my school my classes and it’s it’s really screwing me over and then it really sucks that I can’t call a customer service phone number and every time I try to submit a ticket it says error This is really unfortunate 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jibroni 

Your Lucky SIM will continue to work for about 90 minutes to 2 hours until porting is completed then power off your phone and switch the SIM and power the phone back on.

@DennyCrane @ wrote

@NDesai I think the port is complete because @Jibroni mentioned that calls and texts work fine. I think it's just the MFA code delay after a number port.

Sometimes it takes a few hours to fully port in. In the mean time, it partially works like you can make a call, but can't receive any. 
Interesting that user can experience 2FA delay after porting in. How do companies even know they ported out their number to another carrier? It might be some routing issues on cellular provider backend. 

@NDesai I think the port is complete because @Jibroni mentioned that calls and texts work fine. I think it's just the MFA code delay after a number port.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Jibroni It's a known issue that service providers delay sending MFA codes by a few days after the number has been ported. I wouldn't even call it an issue per se, as it's intentional for security purposes. And unfortunately it's not something Public Mobile has control over, it's dependent on whoever is sending the MFA code. Most resolve within 3 days from what I've read, but in the meantime if there is an email or authenticator app option, try that.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Jibroni Please refrain from posting any personal info on this public forums. 

It seems like your porting request didn't go through properly. Did you reply to a text message to authorize the transfer from your Lucky sim within 90 mins? If you didn't, porting must've failed. You will need to contact PM CS Agent to reinitiate the port in request. You can send them a Private Message here

Need Help? Let's chat.