cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a number

Julieerica
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to transfer my number from my current provider to pm. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Julieerica wrote:

I would like to transfer my number from my current provider to pm. 

@Julieerica  - you will need to obtain a new Public Mobile SIM card.

See options to buy a SIM here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=purchase+sim

Currently they are $3.99 here: https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

Website seems sketchy, but they are legit. I successfully purchased from these guys.

Then activate the SIM card in store, or online here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/portal/activation

Or here with assistance: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

EDIT:

Most numbers can be transferred through the activation process (review the helpful info. above).

But you could also activate with a new number, then port the number in later.

Check to make sure your number is portable to Public Mobile:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Julieerica 

Welcome, just remember to do all the porting steps in order to avoid any porting issues.

- Keep your old SIM in the phone.

- Activate the PM SIM

- Wait for the SMS text porting confirmation from your old carrier and reply with YES.

- Reply within the 90 minute window.

That is it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Julieerica 

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)
Spoiler

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50,$60, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service you will be very happy..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Julieerica 

If you don't have an account with PM yet, you  will just need to activate an account with PM and request porting during activation.

If  you already have an account with PM, simply login to My Account and request Change Number ,select "Transfer a wireless..."  and complete the form.

E-MyAcc-ChangePhoneNum.png

Make sure you still have your account active on the old provider.  You will get a text from the old provider asking your approval for the transfer, you will  need to Reply YES within 90 minute to get the porting going

Need Help? Let's chat.