cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a number from Rogers prepaid number

hohoand8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone. I am here to seek for help, thanks in advance.

Was with rogers, prepaid account. I had 0 dollars on the account now, cant make phone calls and text.

I decided to switch to public mobile, and I clicked the "Transfer number", get processed. 

Nothing happened and just realized that this is a self serve carrier service. I admired that but i indeed need help from the knowledgeable ones now. Help. 

8 REPLIES 8

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@hohoand8 wrote:

Was with rogers, prepaid account. I had 0 dollars on the account now, cant make phone calls and text.

With 0 dollars on your Rogers prepaid account, Rogers may consider the account "inactive" and won't accept the port request, and is the reason for the port now being "stuck."

You may need to add some small amount of funds to the Rogers account to get it back to "active" state, and then contact the moderators here to retry your port request.

@hohoand8 wrote:

So I have to fill my old service provider 10$ in order to get my process going?

As @popping  said, you have to have an "active" account in order to port a number from a provider. Given that you said this, " I had 0 dollars on the account now, cant make phone calls and text." in the 1st post, it appears that your Rogers account is not active. If you want to keep that number, you'll have to talk to Rogers first.

And how long do you think that it will take to process the transfer?

When you port a number, it can be quite quick(some have said within minutes), or much longer(several hours).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hohoand8 wrote:

T H A N K

Y O U

Enjoy your saving with PM.

popping

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

hohoand8

T H A N K

Y O U

popping

@hohoand8 wrote:

Thank you

From my experience, porting number from Rogers network usually takes about 30 minutes.

hohoand8

Thank you

popping

@hohoand8 wrote:

Hi everyone. I am here to seek for help, thanks in advance.

I decided to switch to public mobile, and I clicked the "Transfer number", get processed. 

Nothing happened and just realized that this is a self serve carrier service. I admired that but i indeed need help from the knowledgeable ones now. Help. 

Is your Rogers account still active?

You Rogers number must be active before you can port out to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.