cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Number

melissataylor7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I took out my Sim card too early and did not receive the text from my old provider. Now I cannot receive messages or calls. 

How do I get public mobile to send my old provider a transfer request so that they can text me?

5 REPLIES 5

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@melissataylor7 Put the SIM back in and see if you get the text. If it's already been 90 mins, you won't be able to reply to it. In this case, you will need to reach out to the PM CS Agent to reinitiate the port in request.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

melissataylor7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!!!

@melissataylor7 wrote:

I took out my Sim card too early and did not receive the text from my old provider. Now I cannot receive messages or calls. 

How do I get public mobile to send my old provider a transfer request so that they can text me?

If it's been less than 90 minutes since the other carrier sent you the text message, you can put the old carrier's SIM card back in and reply to the message.  Otherwise, you'll need to open a ticket to a customer support agent by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@melissataylor7   no problem.  There is a live support number you can call to retrigger the process.  It is too late too call tonight, but you can call tomorrow morning.  I will message you the number.   Please check your Community inbox , envelope icon on top right

Need Help? Let's chat.