cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer was not done

ritchie_21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today at CF Markville Koodo station I made the request to transfer my number from Freedom Mobile to Public.

My number was not transfer instead, I got a new number. I am not happy about this at all. At approximately 2pm, I was told the problem would be rectified. As of now 5pm. The transfer of my number in still not complete. I need to know what to do.

Regards,

Gerald.

7 REPLIES 7

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk   Yes, they will.

Many Koodo store has PM signs and ad there.  

But they latest rumour is that they will take off all those signs soon (next month?) and PM will go fully online.  Maybe no more instore activation

@hTideGnow 

Thanks. While I have never bought from a mobile shop and I don’t take too much notice if them, I do see here in the Greater Vancouver area, Telus/Koodo stores and from what I have heard is that a Telus store does not promote Public Mobile sales so assumed a Telus/Koodo store here would not promote as well.  So....are there freestanding Koodo stores/booths as well? Lol....your last comment contradicts the rumour that Koodo is taking over PM...I think. 😀

HI @CountyDownIeUk   Yes, they will.

Many Koodo store has PM signs and ad there.  

But they latest rumour is that they will take off all those signs soon (next month?) and PM will go fully online.  Maybe no more instore activation

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@ritchie_21 wrote:

Today at CF Markville Koodo station I made the request to transfer my number from Freedom Mobile to Public.

My number was not transfer instead, I got a new number. I am not happy about this at all. At approximately 2pm, I was told the problem would be rectified. As of now 5pm. The transfer of my number in still not complete. I need to know what to do.

Regards,

Gerald.

@ritchie_21 

Are you saying that a Koodo store set you up on Public Mobile?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Maybe a stuck port if you didn't complete all the steps. Also depending on if it's postpaid/prepaid/VoIP etc there are different procedures for porting, sometimes you take on a new number first and they will complete the port of the desired number over the next few days

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Usually porting is done by initiating porting at PM which sends request to old company. OLD SIM has to be kept in the phone and replied Yes on porting authorization request within 90 minutes.

Do not know HOW guy at the booth could do that for you???

Please note - both accounts have to be active while number is transferred.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ritchie_21  - did you keep the Freedom SIM card in your phone to accept the SMS text to port over? This is the process to approve the port.

@ritchie_21 wrote:

Please open a ticket at https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html to have a customer support agent look into this.  if you've already been in contact with a Public Mobile customer support agent, reply to the previous message to continue communicating with that person.

Need Help? Let's chat.