cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number

Ralph6339
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I provided incorrect imei number. So transfer of my phone number to public is stuck. My current provider sees the wrong imei alert but says public mobile needs to contact me

5 REPLIES 5

hi @Ralph6339 

you are on the right track.  Because it is a busy season for activation, it might be a 30 to 60 mons wait.  Hang on..

Ralph6339
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all

on hold with port team

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ralph6339  No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can te trigger the port request for you . And just give them the old providers account number and ignore the IMEI it’s not needed anywyas . Be sure to also keep old providers sim in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Ralph6339 wrote:

I provided incorrect imei number. So transfer of my phone number to public is stuck. My current provider sees the wrong imei alert but says public mobile needs to contact me

@Ralph6339 Check your messages, Ill send you the number for porting help. Call them and they will help you out.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Ralph6339,

I would suggest calling the Porting team so that they could retrigger the porting process for you. It appears like the transfer is stuck but they can restart the process. The number will be sent to your community inbox so keep an eye on the little envelop icon for an incoming message. Unfortunately, we cannot post phone numbers in the main community page.

After contacting the porting team, if you still encounter issues, I would recommend submitting a ticket to the customer service team for further support. You can use the link below to submit a ticket.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time.

Need Help? Let's chat.