cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer over didn’t work: SOS only

Sean-Sarah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Heeeelp!

Activated as new customer. With an eSim on an iPhone SE. Transferred number. Getting SOS only. It is well beyond the max 5 hour transfer.

Tried submitting a ticket, getting 404 error, even on multiple devices.

Tried messaging @CS_Agent in private message fails each time.

Tried restarting the phone, taking out the sim, some weird APN setup the chatbot told me to do —nothing.

Any idea of how to get connected??

7 REPLIES 7

It's the thing with having multiple sim slots and multiple esim "slots". There's a setting that lets you control the sims/esims. You can have multiple esim configurations and then when you travel you can turn off your home one and turn on the foreign one. Same with cards, but generally there's only up to 2 physical slots.

@Sean-Sarah wrote:

Thank you all for your quick and helpful solutions! Very thankful.

I was about to call the porting number and then saw this message --found the 'Turn on This Line' and that worked. How are you supposed to find a setting like that one, never seen it before!

Thanks again all! 🙂

@Sean-Sarah , thanks so much for letting us know! I’m so happy that fixed it! 🙂 I did this on my iPhone but had to figure it out myself & searched the Apple website since it was never on my iPhone before!

It’s so much easier when someone helps & it also helps everyone else when we share our experiences.

Welcome to Public Mobile! 🙂

Sean-Sarah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for your quick and helpful solutions! Very thankful.

I was about to call the porting number and then saw this message --found the 'Turn on This Line' and that worked. How are you supposed to find a setting like that one, never seen it before!

Thanks again all! 🙂

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

do not follow the chatbot, it just gives you some simple and not-very-useful answer. I also meet your problem, I just try to keep refreshing ticket submission page until it works, and then keep your eyes on the messages of the community, some technical staff will contact you via it, and when they solve the problem, they will reply to you. just please be patient. Have a good day!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Sean-Sarah , I’m not sure if the phone # didn’t transfer successfully or your eSIM just needs enabled on your phone!

If it’s eSIM that’s the issue please try the instructions below that helped me. 

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected & reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

We don’t need to change our APN Settings on our iPhone.

Edit: If your phone number transferred successfully from your previous provider after you responded YES within 90 minutes of receiving the text message from them please turn off your phone & remove that SIM Card then reboot. 

arbbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

when you go to Settings > Cellular, do you see both your new eSIM with PM, and your old SIM (physical or eSIM)? Does the PM eSIM show as “Activating…” or is it active and you can toggle it on?

What might help is if you see your old SIM to toggle that one off and only have the PM eSIM on. If your previous carrier was a physical SIM, try taking that out, reset your network settings, then reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.