cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number

nsobhan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to make sure my number is transferred?

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Transferring number having difficulty, need to be contacted 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nsobhan 

as you are dealing with other customers on this forum, we need more information other than just saying you want to be sure your number is transferred.

Are you talking to here, or from here, or changing your number, or porting your number after activation with a temporary number….  Lots of possibilities, so please be descriptive.

Though we’ve been working hard towards it, we cannot read minds —yet  😉

@softech wrote:

@nsobhan important thing is can you receive incoming calls on your. PM sim?

if yes, porting is done

That's not always the case.  What you just said is generally true, there can sometimes be an exception if the call is coming from another Telus phone number.  I'm aware that for text messages from within Telus always get deliveed to the Public Mobile service even before porting has completed, but this is sometimes also the case for incoming phone calls.  I've done a handful of activaitons, and for no obvious reason, calls form within Telus did go to the Public Mobile service before porting was complete for some of the activations, while for other activations, all incoming calls (even from within Telus)  kept going to the old carrier until porting finalization.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nsobhan 

Login to your self-service  account you create when you activated your SIM.

The phone number will be in the Profile section.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nsobhan important thing is can you receive incoming calls on your. PM sim?

if yes, porting is done

if not, did you ever got. text from your old provider and did you ever reply YES??

here is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.