cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my old phone number / Change plan

vdeganis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am a current customer since Dec 31st. At that time, I opened a new phone number because I wanted to test the quality of the phone line so I kept  my home phone company. However, now, I would be interested in changing to a better phone plan here and replace my current number to my old home phone number. Is there any way to do this?

I would like to chat with a representative, but this "nasty robot, Simon" is showing all the time. Please advise.

Thank you,

Virna

10 REPLIES 10

@vdeganis 

You can schedule a change plan on next renewal. You can change it or cancel it at anytime up until your renewal occurs at midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle. Please be advised that if you are upgrading your plan then you should manually top up your account with the new plan amount as there is a known glitch with autopay misreading the amount owing and causing an autopay failure and account suspension.

You can request the port in of your landline number thru the change number feature in your self serve account. You will need the full name on your landline account, your phone number and your account number. Immediately after submitting the landline port request you must call your landline providers customer service line and verify your account and verbally authorize the port request.

Once you do this they will release the phone number to pm. Some providers have a specific number to call for authorization so you may want to inquire with your provider first as well as review any bundling package you may have with your provider for other home services such as tv or internet to see if porting out your landline will greatly affect their pricing.

Most landline ports will complete within two business days however in certain circumstances they can take up to 7+ business days to complete. Once incoming calling starts coming to your pm number and your landline no longer has service your landline port has completed. If you only have landline service on your account then your account will automatically close as well and any prorated amount of your bill will be refunded to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Because. You're. All. Too. Frequently. Wrong. This customer doesn't need the CSA's. They can do what they need to do all by themselves. As suggested. Who said anything about "out"?

But yeah sure you did indeed literally answer the second part of their post. Everybody else answered what matters...the how to do this themselves.

Just once again more misinterpretation. It continues to be very difficult to try to be respectful to you when you continue on with your uncaring who cares how it all looks to the customer ways. Everybody continues to be very frustrated with you but we've all learned that you report and whine and complain to Jade and the CSA's at every imagined slight. We ALL want the best information for the customers that come in here. You make that very difficult far too often.

Yet you're also often on the mark. But when you're off, you're off. Surely to goodness you realize that you're the ONLY one here that gets so defensive when called out. The ONLY one.

Edit: @HALIMACS : They got their avatar because they're a ...certain.. kind of member here and evidently work here or something to have all these ...certain..powers and privileges.

@Anonymous 

Who knows, maybe there is some kink to using the self-serve Change Number feature to port over landlines. (i've not used it before so i wouldn't know - however i figure it's usable for both active mobile lines and landlines...)

@Anonymous  was able to find an avatar selection process I don't think any of us knew existed (on another thread), so that's something.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS 

OP need to replace current number for that line Active with public mobile from Transfer in not out To bring from landline or whatever and also need to Change plan..

so how the do it ?

They can use the Change Number feature under self-serve, @Anonymous 

See here:

HALIMACS_0-1641779539527.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS 

OP need to replace current number for that line Active with public mobile from Transfer in not out To bring from landline or whatever and also need to Change plan..

so how the do it ?

@Anonymous 

always negative to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Of course you're not misunderstanding. It's completely unnecessary. But some people are really fond of their copy/paste selection to slam down on any thread. As we all know, every question can be answered by telling the questioner to ask the CSA's...'cause...y'know...they know everything and have all the right answers. /s

Good luck with your questioning. The user in question has shown some recent openness to queries though so maybe you won't get reported and whined at if you aren't already getting a pm from them. Enjoy deciphering the writing.

@Anonymous 

Does the OP need to contact a CSA to do this?

Am I misunderstanding the original questions?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@vdeganis Make sure your home phone plan is active when you request to port in. Considering, it's a home phone number, it can take up to 7 business days to complete the port-in request.

If you would like to contact Public Mobile CS Agent, you can click here to message them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vdeganis 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You can do this right on your self-serve, @vdeganis 

Use the Change Number feature (bottom right of your My Profile section) and have your old number on hand then proceed.   

You can also Change Plans on the same self-serve landing page.   When you do this, make sure to select to change the plan on the Next Renewal vs an Immediate plan change as you'll not be prorated nor get a refund for part of the 30 days used.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.