cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer land line to cell phone

vhallam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there;

I just registered with Public Mobile yesterday, and requested to transfer my land line to the cell phone.  Not sure how  this works, I never even gave our land line account number authorization?  How long will this take to transfer over? I never got a temporary number in the mean time?  

9 REPLIES 9

@vhallam, please follow up with the Moderator_Team on this.  

vhallam

Ok, It's now going on day 5, and my phone service is still not activated.  Grrrrr!

I didn't get the temporary first, cause I requested to transfer my landline phone #.

Day 3 my Landline company says it was ported.  But my cell phone is still not able to call?

Trying to be patient.....but I have paid for this for the last 5 days but have not used....

Suggestions???

@vhallam wrote:

thank you.

It was a new phone, and I have no prior phone number.  How do I get the temporary number? or is it too late if my account is now activated...and waiting for the transfer

You can't get temp number now and it wouldn't matter if you did have temp number. Once you ask for number port, any temp number gets replaced right away.  Incoming calls will only work after it is all done.

vhallam

thank you.

It was a new phone, and I have no prior phone number.  How do I get the temporary number? or is it too late if my account is now activated...and waiting for the transfer

vhallam

Great, I will!

jeremiah10

Hey Vhallam

In order to port your number from land line to public mobile, the best way is to activate a temporary number. Once that is active, you can log into public mobile my account and request a new port in number from your Land line. You do need the account number from your land line company when entering the number to be ported. Regularly the land line tend to take a bit longer approx 2 business days.

Hope i was able to help, Enjoy your day!

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vhallam wrote:

Hi there;

I just registered with Public Mobile yesterday, and requested to transfer my land line to the cell phone.  Not sure how  this works, I never even gave our land line account number authorization?  How long will this take to transfer over? I never got a temporary number in the mean time?  

@vhallam 

Ported one from bell landline couple days ago..it didnt ask for account number..just if I was keeping other bell services...internet/tv...the number was immediately active on the cell to receive calls and was completed in 2 days..

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@vhallam wrote:

Hi there;

@vhallam  Depends on a lot of different factors including who your old provider is, maybe a few days, but you didn't ask for a temporary number. It is suggested to take a temp number, then ones thats set up transfer the land line as a 2nd step.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Vhallam, 

I hope you're doing great! 

Regarding your question, when you're porting in a landline number, it normally takes 2 business days to be completed. If you want us to take a look at your request, can you send us a private message via the Community?

Community: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Moderator Team

Need Help? Let's chat.