cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from Cityfone

Gloriajean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I ported my number from Cityfone yesterday. Cityfone says they do not send text messages for their port outs and it would happen at midnight. Today my carrier says public mobile at the top left of the screen but I can't call or text people who have a different carrier other than public mobile.

I had a physical sim with cityfone and I have an esim with publie mobile now.

I tried restarting the device and resetting the network settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1

@Gloriajean 

does your Cityfone sim card still work?  If it works, then the port is not completed yet

But even if the port is not completed, your PM sim should still be able to make calls and data should work.  So, it could be an issue with your esim setup. 

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, remove your Cityfone physical sim first.  Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM by private message CS Agent using this link:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.