RachaelG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help transferring an esim to another phone

3 REPLIES 3

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@RachaelG wrote:

I need help transferring an esim to another phone

@RachaelG , unfortunately as others have stated in order to get eSIM on a different phone you would need to download the Public Mobile app onto the phone you want to install eSIM on & purchase the eSIM again! 😔 After that it will no longer work on the other phone. Having said that if you plan on switching phones now & then it is easier to use a SIM Card which you can easily move from one phone to another.

Download the app to the phone you want to install the eSIM onto & log into your account on the Public Mobile app  on your Phone, select + symbol on bottom left, go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page to purchase an eSIM, scroll down & select ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’

After it installs 

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’), reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Personally I prefer eSIM 😃 

Edit: To add

(I had my data on plus my Wi-Fi was turned on & connected to my home internet to be sure I had all connections while doing this)

I received an email notifying me that my SIM Card changed.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RachaelG 

You need to purchase a new eSIM ($5) for your new phone. eSIM are non-transferable.

This is an advantage with a SIM…just pop it out of the old phone and into the new phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RachaelG 

you can't transfer esim to different phone. You need a new esim or hard sim to do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.