cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a number

fromthenorth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a new SIM card. I want to transfer my existing Koodo phone number. When I get to step 2 and enter the phone number it says "Please enter a valid Canadian phone number". I am entering a valid Canadian phone number so I'm not sure why I am getting this error. I previously had a Public Mobile account with this phone number.

6 REPLIES 6

@dust2dust wrote:

@computergeek541: From the Get Help pages (which as we know are very often not updated):

------

Transferring a number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see the instructions above).

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

----

So do you have more proper information?

I'm aware of the infromation that you've provided above. I'm only speaking of the possibility that the activation system not allowing a number to be ported in from Koodo postpaid.

@computergeek541: From the Get Help pages (which as we know are very often not updated):

------

Transferring a number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see the instructions above).

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

----

So do you have more proper information?

@dust2dust wrote:

Is this Koodo prepaid or postpaid? If prepaid then you need to take a random number first and then ask support to transfer your Koodo prepaid number over.

That is true, but to my knowledge, a Koodo postpaid number can't be ported in during activation either (although it can be done from Sel Serve).

GR
Mayor / Maire

Also if it's Koodo prepaid you're trying to port that can't be Done in the activation!  Just pick a new number and after the new activation  then message the cs_agent to port it for you but keep it active and keep the Sim card in your phone to get the port request and text back "yes"  and then  you can use the public mobile Sim card 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this Koodo prepaid or postpaid? If prepaid then you need to take a random number first and then ask support to transfer your Koodo prepaid number over.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache.

If it still fails after these remedies, contact agent for assistance.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.