cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Phone Phone number not eligible for port

PascalPosh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It doesnt recognize my actual cell phone number?

11 REPLIES 11

PascalPosh

After is signed up as i missed a step

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If your phone number is not being recognized as eligible for porting, there could be several reasons:

1. Carrier Restrictions: Some carriers have restrictions on which numbers can be ported. Ensure your current carrier allows number porting.

2. Geographical Limitations: Porting is sometimes restricted based on geographical location or service areas.

3. Account Status: Your account must be active and in good standing with your current carrier. Numbers from suspended or closed accounts often can't be ported.

4. Incorrect Information: Double-check that you've entered the correct phone number and account details.

5. Contact Both Carriers: Reach out to both your current carrier and the one you're trying to port to. They can provide specific reasons why the number can't be ported and suggest solutions.

6. Prepaid vs. Postpaid: Sometimes, porting issues arise between prepaid and postpaid services.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@PascalPosh 

Is your Telus account still active? Because it shouldn’t be a problem if you are with Telus or Koodo.

h_sy

I would reach out to support to get this sorted out, to be honest

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The Koodo search says good, it having been on Telus Mobility says good so something is lying. Was this during sign up? Or are you trying this after signing up with a different number?

PascalPosh

No cell phone

Is that a landline? I wonder if landlines follow the same restrictions as some numbers from other providers. I don't see Telus Mobility there. I'm sure there must be.

PascalPosh

i already answered above?

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PascalPosh  This link is for Koodo, but Koodo is also sub brand of Telus like PM.

Check Eligibility to Move (koodomobile.com)

Since you're already on Telus, not sure why it's giving you a problem unless it's just how you entered it.  See if your number is eligible for Koodo to see what it says.  This might give you a better hint, but ultimately might have to contact CSAgent to see if they can tell you why exactly you're having a porting problem.  If you want to contact them, you can use this link, 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PascalPosh

Telus

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What provider are you coming from? What are the first 6 digits of the number (not the last 4)?

Need Help? Let's chat.