cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Balance Write-Off

nlaw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had money in my account balance yesterday. However, due to unforseen circumstances, I had to immediately change plans to a different carrier and deactivate my Public Mobile account. However, the money that I had in my account balance was charged and written off.

I would like my money back. Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi nlaw,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll be glad to answer your inquiry regarding your balance.

According to the Public Mobile Service Terms (Please refer to this link https://publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Public_Mobile_Terms_of_Service.pdf),  the written-off balance are non-refundable unfortunately.

I hope that I answer your question.

Have a nice day!

Cheers

Abdoulaye

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As others have mentioned, you won't be able to receive a refund as it is a prepaid balance. 

However, if you switched to their sister company, Koodo (which I am assuming you may have due to their recent promos), someone on another forum was able to complain to CRTC and was able to get their remaining balance transferred to Koodo as a credit but YMMV as it is a one off instance I have read about.

You can try but don't expect the response that you are looking for as the official policy is no refunds.  Since you are the one who inititated the port out, I would say your chances are very slim.  Things might be different if something had been pre-arranged with Public Mobile, especially if it was a service issue such as poor coverage that made the change necessary, but I wouldn't hold out much hope trying to get a refund after the fact.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No point wasting time asking, the moderator team cannot provide refunds.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Pm is prepaid, kind of like a gift card. Typically Once purchased  there are no refunds. Both for plans and for account balance.

You could try asking the moderator team but not sure the success you will have.

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
-

Need Help? Let's chat.