cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking a SIM Card delivery

Rob_Gaebel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I track the delivery of the SIM card I ordered in the App? When I ordered it, the app said up to 2 business days, but that's today, and as of 5:40pm, it still hasn't arrived. I need that card by tomorrow to teach a class on using Smartphones and the Internet, and I need to know if it's actually going to be delivered before the end of the day, or in up to 10 business days as the site you submit SIM card tickets on?

10 Business days is utterly unreasonable for getting a replacement SIM card, and it's unheard-of for someone who ordered something online to not be able to at least view tracking information online in order to manage their expectations.

4 REPLIES 4

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Rob_Gaebel,

It can take up to 3 weeks to receive a physical SIM card when ordering it from Public Mobile's website. If you eventually surpass this timeframe, I would recommend reaching out to customer service to report the issue. You can write to them by using the following link and consider asking for a reimbursement or for them to reissue a new SIM:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time. (Little envelope icon on the top-right of this page).

In addition, there are other ways to purchase SIM cards if you do not want to wait 3 weeks by repurchasing from the Public Mobile site. 

1. You can order a Physical SIM directly from Amazon! Shipping time tends to be quicker with Amazon.
  2. You can order an eSIM (electronic SIM) directly from the Public Mobile App and start using it right away.
  3. You can pick up a physical SIM card from a nearby store. To find out which stores near you sell physical SIM cards, you can go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/pick-up-SIM and enter our postal code. The site will then suggest you stores closest to you that sell SIM cards.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

likely not.  The 2 days is for PM to ship, not to arrive at your door

And PM uses Canada Post regular mail, so no tracking 

sim delivery is usually around a week, but could take longer in some cases 

if you need it quick, buy in person from Telus stores or Koodo stores 

Need Help? Let's chat.