cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many characters in email address

JimOzzie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate an account for my wife but her email contains more than 30 characters. and the Public Mobile site will not accept it. How do I resolve?

4 REPLIES 4

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@JimOzzie Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  

If the system doesn't allow e-mail address that contain more than a certain number of characters, contacting moderators will be a waste of time. As per @totalUser , the only solution would be to use a different e-mail address that has less characters.

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@JimOzzie wrote:

I am trying to activate an account for my wife but her email contains more than 30 characters. and the Public Mobile site will not accept it. How do I resolve?

Just create a new account with a shorter address and then forward the emails to the original email address.
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JimOzzie Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I would open another email. If it's Google email you can open free alias that will be landing all of the mail in one inbox, if not just go for another one that is shorter, this is probably not the only time she will have this problem so it's good to have another backup shorter one for such situations.

Don't forget your referral code.

Need Help? Let's chat.