cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The good stuff

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see new members having problems with activations and number ports.  I know it can be incredibly frustrating!  Thanks for being patient and coming over to PM.  

But you know, you joined PM for a reason - probably to take advantage of a great network and to do it at a reasonable price.  That's what I joined.  I won't name my previous carrier.... I'll just say that AWS really sucks.  😉

When I moved over to PM, my account was up and running with a number ported over, in about 90 minutes.  I moved my daughter over too, just when the new promo started, and her phone was all set up, with a ported number, in 30 minutes.

The reason I'm posting this is to encourage everyone to share their own good success stories about PM.   Let's all remind the new people why PM is so great!

Cheers,

Neil

2 REPLIES 2

@neilselden wrote:

I won't name my previous carrier.... I'll just say that AWS really sucks.  😉 

Wind's AWS network is terrible, beyond belief.  People, including me, stayed with them just for the prices and plans features.  But the network, is complete POS (and I don't mean Point of Sale).  To be fair, they've been adding a lot of new towers lately, faster than I've even seen them do it, but for me, it was too little, too late, especially with the promotional plan that Public Mobile now has.

But don't blame AWS itself for Wind's network shortcomings.  Public Mobile also relies heavily on AWS.  Most of the LTE available to Public customers is in fact on AWS.  AWS can be fine, if the network is built properly.  Sure, it's doesn't get into big buildings as well as some lower frequencies, but if you have enough towers, that can be worked around.  Part of Wind's AWS problem is the fact that they rely entirely on it, and with the severe lack of towers and customer congestion, it spells bad news for them.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes so much good stuff, I've already switched over a dozen people and all had a wonderful experience.   Let's keep it coming!

Need Help? Let's chat.