cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Mobile Shop offer 25k Points with $50 spending YMMV

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Check your PC Optimum offer for 25,000 pts Spend $50 or more at The Mobile Shop (inside Superstore)  YMMV

If you are planning to switch your family members to PM, you can buy 5 PM SIM cards at $10 each and get back 25k points for $25 groceries at Superstore.  Net cost is $5 each + tax.  Any left over SIM card(s) can be sold to your friends if they use your referral code.

Another idea:

With 5 new PM SIM cards, you can invite your friends and family to your house and have a PM activation party to generate refer-a-friend reward.  You can charge the normal $10 per SIM card or $6 per SIM card.without sale tax.  It is up to you.

Getting your SIM card on hand to wait for next promo.  During promo, PM plan will sell itself.  All you have to do is to do the calculation with the new subscribers.

14 REPLIES 14

popping

@kselmak wrote:

@popping wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Hey @popping 

Thanks for sharing

Do they sell vouchers there?

Thanks

Yes.  TMS sells PM topup voucher.  But you cannot redeem points to purchase voucher as they group them together with GC.

But if I buy $50 worth of vouchers I'll get the points, right?

Thanks

Voucher is a form of GC.  Therefore, no points.  You will get points if you pay by PC MC.

TMS will give your 1,000 pts every 3 months if you drop by TMS store to discuss your mobile need - e.g. buying a SIM card.

@popping wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Hey @popping 

Thanks for sharing

Thanks

Yes.  TMS sells PM topup voucher.  But you cannot redeem points to purchase voucher as they group them together with GC.

But if I buy $50 worth of vouchers I'll get the points, right?

Thanks

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Let's assume that you're Ontario and pay 13% sales tax. Each sim card comes out to a cost of $5.65.

Not so fast...., at 13% each SIM Card will ultimately cost $6.30 as you are still paying $10 each plus tax ($1.30, not 65c) for them. Then you get a $5 credit back in optimum points which are as close as possible to being cash! We amas large numbers of points shopping at shoppers drug mart with 20x the points or other promotions and then use the points at cash at No Frills.

You're right as you caught the calculation error that I made.

popping

@kselmak wrote:

Hey @popping 

Thanks for sharing

Thanks

@computergeek541 wrote:

Let's assume that you're Ontario and pay 13% sales tax. Each sim card comes out to a cost of $5.65.

Not so fast...., at 13% each SIM Card will ultimately cost $6.30 as you are still paying $10 each plus tax ($1.30, not 65c) for them. Then you get a $5 credit back in optimum points which are as close as possible to being cash! We amas large numbers of points shopping at shoppers drug mart with 20x the points or other promotions and then use the points at cash at No Frills.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hey @popping 

Thanks for sharing

Thanks

popping

Sorry, this thread turns out as a survey of how many community members have similar TMS offer this week.  The result is none except me.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lucky you. between our immediate family households we have 5 different PC mastercard accounts and no one received this offer.

@popping wrote:

Agree with the PCO repeated offer.

My first offer at TMS was 10k points with $20 spending.  After I use it once, I periodically getting repeated 50% offer with more spending .  I also received a survey offer from TMS to get 20k pts.

I'm not so sure that purchasing 5 sim cards at $10 each to get $25 worth of points is as great of an offer as it may initially seem.

The points aren't an immediate discount. They simply allow you to buy other things.

Let's assume that you're Ontario and pay 13% sales tax. Each sim card comes out to a cost of $5.65. Even if you were to sell the sim cards for $7.99 each, your buyers are going to expect you to either mail or deliver the sim card for that price. It may not be worth the effort.

If the idea is to use the sims to get referrals, that's doable, but if these people that you're referring are really friends or family, would you really ask for that $5+tax when you know that you're receiving a $1 reward each 30 days that they stay a customer?

As for getting referrals from people who are less close, most won't be willing to pay anything substantial for a sim card if yoiu're trying to gain a referral because retails storee will often provide a free sim card with activation.

Receiving points in return for the purchased sim cards is good, but don't expect to get "real" cash back for them. It's all about the long game and the rewards that you can possibly earn for your Public Mobile account.

@popping  you need to invite @will13am  @computergeek541 and @NDesai  to join your household then all redeem /purchase at the mobile shop to get the offer showing up in your apps. Then you can all go your separate ways again.

popping

Agree with the PCO repeated offer.

My first offer at TMS was 10k points with $20 spending.  After I use it once, I periodically getting repeated 50% offer with more spending .  I also received a survey offer from TMS to get 20k pts.

@will13am wrote:

I have never been given any offers for purchases at the Mobile Shop as well.  Maybe it's because I am not a regular there.  I have made a few purchases over the years, probably don't reach the threshold required to get targeted offers.  I know that the PCO points system likes to target points based on purchase patterns.

I've also never seen any Mobile Shop offers in my account, although that could be because when I've shopped at the stores under the Loblaws umbrella, I usually went to a local No Frills. With any of these offers, different customers will receive them for different products and the points amounts or amounts needed to be spent differ as well.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have never been given any offers for purchases at the Mobile Shop as well.  Maybe it's because I am not a regular there.  I have made a few purchases over the years, probably don't reach the threshold required to get targeted offers.  I know that the PCO points system likes to target points based on purchase patterns.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Huge YMMV, no offer here and i have the World Elite card. 

Need Help? Let's chat.