cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Elusive Question lol

JL9
Mayor / Maire

So going back to that discrepancy when it comes to switching from the fall promo to the 4.5 GB plan that just expired.

Finally got a response from the Mods and it seems like they still don't understand the inquiry as they told me what I would receive as a reward under a 30 day plan, which I'm already aware of. I tried to make it as clear as I can previously and then followed up on their most recent response but haven't heard back for over 2 days.

Soooo I guess I have another month or so before I re-up. Might just scrap the plan as that creeps up since I don't think I'll be getting a response to the issue. 

Don't think the pros outweigh it enough to justify the change, guess we will see what comes down the pipe.

38 REPLIES 38

@stonechucker

Not really what your issue was but you now have a second bug

It is a well known issue that adding / deleting future dated price plans will zero out rewards and require a mod to re-add them

The 90 to 30 and 30 to 90 day changes also introduce a bug if you have loyalty or credit card on file

I honestly would suggest simply pushing plan change ahead then emailing the mods AFTER the fact so they can fix the account

From my exp in similar situations there is nothing they can do before (and worse, often attempted fixes vanish or do really weird things)

@stonechucker wrote:

Now Public Mobile has acted without my authority and removed my future dated plan change.

This gets better and better.

The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Now Public Mobile has acted without my authority and removed my future dated plan change.

This gets better and better.

@stonechucker wrote:

I have submitted what I believe to be a fair resolution to my issue on this.  If the resolution is not accepted, I will be following up with the CCTS.

IMHO, fair = follow the knowledge base.  The interpretation provided in the knowledge base makes sense and is what customers come to understand about the rewards.  I think the problem is that so far the moderator team has being asked to rule on this.  They can only tell people how the system works and that it is not broken.  It should be Public Mobile that steps up to the plate and makes a final determination on whether to follow the knowledge base or not.  I suspect using the CCTS could be YMMV.  This is a reward thing and not really germane to the provision of the service itself.  The CCTS might say this is outside their scope. 

Guess we will see how I feel in a month about whether I feel the plan is worth it. Either way it is pretty frustrating though!

I have submitted what I believe to be a fair resolution to my issue on this.  If the resolution is not accepted, I will be following up with the CCTS.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If you examine the knowledge base on rewards in detail, it's abundantly clear that rewards are based on the previous plan cycle and paid out on renewal to the next plan cycle.  I went into great detail in the promotion thread about this, not going to repeat it again.  Bottom line is what the words say and what the system does differ.  We are merely told this is what the system does when we ask what's going on here.  The right thing to do is ignore the system and look at what the words say as that is the intent.  The legal fallback is the words can be wrong, we don't always mean what we say and we can't be taken to task for not honoring the words.  There you have it in a nutshell.  If the plan switch was really worthwhile, I would give the social justice route a test as thousands did back in February.  We all know that outcome.  Are you passionate enough about this to take the pitchfork and torch out of the closet?  Unfortunately, I am not this time.  Those who do have my full moral support.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Same here.  I’ve had 3 days of messages back and forth, with 3 moderators.

i strongly feel we are being cheated out of rewards.  The system is working as a 30 day cycle is current, when we are both still currently on 90 day cycle.

i am now in the second 30 days of this 90 cycle, and still only see $4 Edwards, do not see the $10 community reward that has been awarded this past weekend.

Still on the fence about changing.  No assurances about getting the previous rewards accounted for if I cancel it.

Need Help? Let's chat.