cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts

Bubbles04181
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just ported my number from Rogers and now can't recieve iphone texts. Can send but not recieve. Been over 12 hours.

6 REPLIES 6

Sushi_Combo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In some instances, I've noticed doing a reboot can help sort some of these kinks out. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Bubbles04181  In iMessage settings under Send and Receive, make sure your phone number is selected.

is your device an iPhone?

are the senders sending these as SMS or iMessages?

Ask them to send them strictly as SMS as opposed to iMessage, if that’s what they’re doing.

Bubbles04181
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everything else works. Can send texts to iphone but can't receive.  Worked before porting.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bubbles04181 

to be certain, you are referring to SMS texts and not iMessages?

tried turning off iMessage temporarily to see if the messages will all send and receive via SMS

you can also try resetting your network connections after rebooting your device to see if that gets things working

EDIT:  if you can receive incoming calls, the problem is unlikely  porting related

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bubbles04181  I’ll private message you the porting team number . Give them a call for status update on the port . They can re trigger it if needed . And also remember to leave old providers SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

Need Help? Let's chat.