cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text

Momma22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,   Is there a way to turn off the 611 notifications or texts???

10 REPLIES 10

Momma22

Thank you! 

Momma22

In what way would customers be disadvantaged?

Momma22

Thank you.  I will take a look. 

Momma22

Thank you for your detailed response! There is no need of them to be sent. My kids get them on their phones a d this isn't anything they need to know or should worry about. There should be an option  to opt out of perhaps have the option to send these messages to individual (parent) paying the bill. 

Momma22

COMPLETELY AGREE!! 

@will13am wrote:

@Momma22 , a lot of customers try to block notifications from Public Mobile and only find out that they are disadvantaged by doing so.  One way to control this on your side is to try blocking 611.  Then you can unblock it later if desired.  

There was a time that I did block all messages from 611. At least Public Mobile has stopped sending text mesages at midnight.  The payment reminders that are no longer sent are a matter of debate on how useful they are. There's no reason for Public Mobile to send these when a customer has pre-authorized enabled.  I could also do without that "thank you for your payment" text messages and the text messages about rewards being applied (that no longer get sent). While it only gets since once every few months, I see the CCTS text message as serving no useful purpose.  A customer knows about CCTS after the first message.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Regrettably, there is not. (when it comes to payments & renewals)

You can only opt out of offers or promotion.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

You're correct that there isn't any way to get Public Mobile to stop sending the text messages from 611.  I would suggest against contacting a customer support agent as they wouldn't be able to do anything about this, nor can they stop the messages from being sent.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Momma22 you can click mute notification on your phone for this contact.   in which case, it won't notify you but you can go back and check if you need to

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Momma22 , a lot of customers try to block notifications from Public Mobile and only find out that they are disadvantaged by doing so.  One way to control this on your side is to try blocking 611.  Then you can unblock it later if desired.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Regrettably, there is not. (when it comes to payments & renewals)

You can only opt out of offers or promotion.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.