cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text offers re-subscribe

Scott13s
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A while back I opted out of text offers. How do I re-subscribe? I want to get the 10gb $29 plan. 

9 REPLIES 9

self solution removed/solution re-assigned

Scott13s
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SOLVED: I logged a ticket with support. They were able to re-subscribe me to text offers as well as change my plan to the $29/10gb plan. Alex, the customer support representative, was great!

@Chalupa_Batman fyi

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just went to Self-Serve and clicked "Subscriptions & Add-Ons" then clicked "Change Subscription".

I wanted to see if the $24 plan (along with the $29 plan, hopefully) would be listed in the available Plans I could choose to switch towards. They weren't. I guess they're SMS only, without any internet presence.

But I did see a Boxing Week plan was still up. So maybe other people with other plans might see other expired promos and holiday plans which have been taken down from the main Plans page.

Screenshot (99).png

@yyjyyj wrote:

we have two $15 plan, none was offered anything. but i am debating if I should accept it if i am offered .i am a light user.

Only you can answer if the question of whether you should accept that offer if you receive it.  If the more expensive plan offers usage that you're never going to use, that's a waste of money.  If the new plan better suits your usage patterns, then it's a good buy.

yyjyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

we have two $15 plan, none was offered anything. but i am debating if I should accept it if i am offered .i am a light user.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would have said YES to this $29 10GB 4G plan offer on both accounts.

But it was only sent to people on the $25 plan. Those of us on the $15 plan were offered a $24 4GB 4G plan which is just not worth the extra ten bucks in my opinion. (Indeed, from what I've read here and elsewhere online, it seems like a surprising number of people are rejecting the $24 offer, it seems to be poorly received.)

I imagine the purpose of these offers is to upsell subscribers to higher revenue numbers. Or to counter some similar offer by Public Mobile's "competitors" (antagonistic marriage partner Bell/Virgin/Lucky or evil dark side Rogers/Fido/Chatr or annoying little brother Wind/Freedom/Shaw). Either way, it seems to make sense to offer the $29 plan as an option to $15 plan subscribers while it doesn't seem to make sense to not offer it alongside the $24 plan offer. If anything, the $24 plan looks like a bad deal which makes the $29 plan look like an even better deal.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Scott13s What plan are you currently on? That text offer is targeted to certain users on $25 plans, with the intent of getting them to increase their spend.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

And @Scott13s , if you DO get it just by asking, please come back here and let us know. Knowledge is power here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Scott13s , try sending a message to support using the link below and asking to reinstate marketing offers.  I suspect you might be out of luck for this round but there is alway future opportunities.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.