Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Mary,

Problem solved.

Thanks again.

traceyleah4747

8 REPLIES 8

peosteve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Thanks for this. I was having the same problem on the same phone, and was hoping you'd fix the issue. My phone wasn't in the list of denied applications, but you've gotten me on the right track - something is shutting down the application (and another one I use, flychat), and that's likely the reason my texts aren't coming. Thanks!

Vertimyst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've found the issue - the phone I have, the Asus Zenfone 3, has a setting called Autostart Manager that by default blocks apps like Twitter and Textra (which is what I was using for SMS) so they don't autostart. This is why I wasn't seeing any messages unless I already had the app open to send texts. Added them to the whitelist in Autostart Manager and it's working fine now, thanks!

If by some chance someone else has this issue with an Asus Zenfone, this is how I fixed it:

1) Open Settings

2) Scroll down to the Device section and tap Power Management

3) Select Auto-start Manager

4) Check the list of 'Denied' apps and set the apps you use for texting/messaging to 'Allow'

5) Reboot your phone just in case

And the problem should hopefully be solved!

Vertimyst

@Mary_MI don't think so, I just got it a couple of days ago, and it's set to delete texts automatically after a set period of time.  I'm only using 20 GBs of the 64 I have available.

I'll PM you my number.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for the response !

Is it possible that there is a data block put in place on your phone, or perhaps it ran out of space?

You can also private message me your phone number and I'll take a look if the messages are going through in the back end @Vertimyst

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Vertimyst

Hi @Mary_M,

No, I've had my number with PM for a little over a year now I think.  Had no problems until now, I just bought a new phone and moved my SIM card over, put in the APN and everything else (data, voice) seems to be working fine.  What's happening is I only get texts occasionally, if I send someone a text that seems to fix it temporarily for receiving texts from that person.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Vertimyst

Have you recently ported your number into Public Mobile?

If so, it could be that the port did not complete. 

Please confirm, and we'll take the necessary measures to fix this for you!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Vertimyst

What did you do to solve the problem?  Just switched to a new phone and I've been missing texts, thought it was my phone but saw this so maybe it is PM/my carrier settings?

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, 

I'm new here, so maybe I don't know the correct protocol... but would it not be best to leave the original message unedited, and simply add a new post with the fix? 

This way if someone in the future has the same problem, they can find the solution as well. 

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.