cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily Freezing Plan

avapirhadi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good evening,

I will be travelling abroad from May 20th until August 9th and would like to temporarily freeze my cellphone plan since I will not use it. I would appreciate your guidance.

All the best,

Ava

5 REPLIES 5

NicOlson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for this response. I am new to Public and I have the same question as @avapirhadi. Can you clarify: turning off AutoPay doesn't mean that I am missing payments, but just that my monthly plan isn't renewed automatically? So if I turn of AutoPay, I just have to make a manual payment online to reactivate?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@avapirhadi  

yes, just disable Pre-Authorized payment from My Account , or if you have available Fund, put the account on Lost/Stolen

But account can only be suspended for 90 days, you likely within the 90 days period, but would be safe to check what is your current cycle end date

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@avapirhadi - if you do not have enough funds in your account to renew your plan, log into My Account and turn off the Autopay feature under your profile.

Note, you can also turn off Autopay by calling 611 from your device, or 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device.

But when you reactivate you can't just turn on Autopay again, you must make a manual payment to get Active again.

If you do have enough funds in your account to renew your plan on renewal, you can list your phone into lost/stolen mode. This will prevent the plan from renewing at renewal time.

In both cases, just remember to reactivate your account before being in suspended status for over 90 days, because after that you lose your number and account.

Happy Travels!

EDIT

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Should be fine. When is your next renewal? How much balance do you have in the account? Do you get lots of rewards paid in if you're on rewards?

Turn off the autopay before you leave. Assuming you have little balance and little rewards then it should suspend. The the clock starts. You have 90 days grace to reactivate. After that then the account fully deactivates.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@avapirhadi  You can disable any autopay on your account.  When your account has not been paid it will be suspended.  You have 90 days to reactivate your account and pay the monthly fee.  Please do not wait until the 90th day.  You should reactivate by 85th day or earlier to ensure you retain your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.