cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus store emoyee says PM network is downgraded vs Telus

fillion01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

[Are we on the "B" network of Telus?]

I was shopping around a few days ago, and saw a promo for 25$ / 50G a month, at a Telus store.

Went in to inquire, and since it was for 4 lines minimum, I said no thanks.

Before leaving, I mentionned that they didn't really lose a customer, since I'm with PM. I followed up with, when I change phones, if I still have network problems I'll come back, but since it's basically the same network, s/b ok, right?

They both replied that we had the "bad" network from Telus, so I'd be better off switching!

edited by computergeek541: inappropriate language removed as per terms of service

9 REPLIES 9

@fillion01 

I think once PM has access to the 3500mhz spectrum the claims they made will be less relevant. but, only for 5g. with the current 5g/LTE configuration. if a tower is oversaturated, PM customers are transferred to a further tower. I've done a test to confirm this and found out this even happens when connected to 5g and only reaching speeds of 3-5mbps when connected to the further tower. 

Norbert19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before joining PM I would've said he lying to you, but with the issues i've been having i'd say possibly true. I cant imagine paying Telus $80 month for this service

fillion01

@softech, haha, of course the don't! 😅

fillion01

@softech, that's what I thought, just didn't make any sense.

fillion01

@computergeek541, my thoughts exactly, thanks for confirming!

and the Telus onsite sales just don't like it affects their income 😉

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fillion01 this is untrue!!

PM uses the same Telus and Bell network just like Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin/Lucky do. There is no network priority and it is the same network.  The difference is only the suppoet service (all online vs call center) and features (like the lack of Wifi Calling, the shortet list of VoLTE compatible phones, etc)

@fillion01 wrote:

[Are we on the "B" network of Telus?]

I was shopping around a few days ago, and saw a promo for 25$ / 50G a month, at a Telus store.

Went in to inquire, and since it was for 4 lines minimum, I said no thanks.

Before leaving, I mentionned that they didn't really lose a customer, since I'm with PM. I followed up with, when I change phones, if I still have network problems I'll come back, but since it's basically the same network, s/b ok, right?

They both replied that we had the "bad" network from Telus, so I'd be better off switching!

made up nonsense

The salesperson wants a commission. it's the exact same network.

Need Help? Let's chat.