cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Corporate Number Port/Transfer

dtbratt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We are having trouble porting numbers from Telus corporate lines. And we cannot contact Telus Corporate till Monday. 

According to the PM CSA - Telus is blocking the port.

Is this a thing? I didn’t know carriers can block ports?

Any help would be needed.

8 REPLIES 8

HI @Wellersbayview 

when they were talking about the corporate line, I am pretty sure they are talking about those staff lines used by the company.  No worry about the caller id issue as those would not show the company name but either just the number or the staff own names

Wellersbayview
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Reassuring that corporate numbers can [and should be] blocked from porting.  Imagine the havoc a smart and organised thief could commit in a few hours using a number/caller ID that a recipient thinks is from a bank or other trusted source.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@softech 

Yes I am aware of this. One of my retired ex-coworker got his work number ported over to his personal phone with approval of HR but he checked to see if it can be ported.

@BKNS27 

the point is, the link will say the line can be port because it is a number from Telus, all Telus number can be ported into Koodo and PM.   The eligibility check on that link won't tell you if the line cannot be ported due to lack of HR approval for the port 🙂

@softech 

Yes I am aware of this. One of my retired ex-coworker got his work number ported over to his personal phone with approval of HR but he checked to see if it can be ported.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@dtbratt 

There are numbers that you can’t port out. Maybe because the number is a corporate number and there is an agreement between Telus and your company…who knows.

Check to see if the number can be ported out:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do 

@BKNS27 The link above is to confirm if the number can be ported into Telus family.  But all Telus and Koodo number can be ported into PM, so there is no need for the check here

What OP talking about is about if  account user has the right to request the port

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dtbratt first, carrier can block porting.  In some carrier, you can call them to block porting unless you call them back for unblock.  PM does not have this service, this is mostly for Tier 1 and Tier 2

Corporate line has another layer, are you the owner of the line? Or your company is the owner and you are just the one using the line?  If so, your office has to approve giving you the right to move the line before you can do anything.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dtbratt 

There are numbers that you can’t port out. Maybe because the number is a corporate number and there is an agreement between Telus and your company…who knows.

Check to see if the number can be ported out:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dtbratt - Yes, there is an option on some carriers to block porting in case of SIM card swap or someone stealing your phone & decides to port out your number. You can try contacting the porting team which is TELUS & they may help with the issue with the port. Check your Messages for the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.