cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk stopped working

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Been with public mobile for more than a year now. Went to make a call today at work and got a message that "sorry talk is not included in your plan" 

?? My plan clearly includes talk. 

8 REPLIES 8

xxJDxx

@zhadj030 wrote:

@xxJDxx I am glad you fixed it by yourself. 

In the other hand it sounds a bit weird, usually the +1 trick fixes the message that says that the call is a long distance and that is not included in your plan . So I take it that you forgot to mention the long distance part.  Like the others I immediately thought that it could be a glitch that happened in your account.

Anyway good to see that you have fixed it.

Nope, no mention of long distance. Just stated that I did not have calling included in my plan

@xxJDxx I am glad you fixed it by yourself. 

In the other hand it sounds a bit weird, usually the +1 trick fixes the message that says that the call is a long distance and that is not included in your plan . So I take it that you forgot to mention the long distance part.  Like the others I immediately thought that it could be a glitch that happened in your account.

Anyway good to see that you have fixed it.

xxJDxx

@Someone_here wrote:

Make sure that your saved/contact numbers includes only digits... For example I have a contact in my phone who's numbers are "xxx-xxx-xxxx (mom)" and "xxx-xxx-xxxx (dad)" (where "mom" and "dad" are saved within the number field, not as description of the number), and I get the same message if I try to call her directly from my contact list... 

This seems to have been what my issue was related to. The number i was trying to call was in the xxx-xxx-xxxx format, as opposed to including a "+1 xxx-xxx-xxxx". updating the number in my conatacts to inlcude the +1 seems to have fixed my issue. Thanks. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you still have the same issue?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@xxJDxx Some items to check:

a) Login to your account and confirm plan is correct and Active.

b) Is it just calling or are all services lost?

c) Can you see Public Mobile as the carrier with dots/bars?

d) Try your SIM in another unlocked phone; different carrier in yours.

A while ago there was a bug that stopped services even though account was paid up. So, if everything above checks out you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

If you haven't already, you may want to check your account online and make sure everything seems ok and talk is infact included.

If there seems to be a glitch in your account online, please send a private message to the @CS_Agent explaining your issue and providing your phone number.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Someone_here wrote:

Make sure that your saved/contact numbers includes only digits... For example I have a contact in my phone who's numbers are "xxx-xxx-xxxx (mom)" and "xxx-xxx-xxxx (dad)" (where "mom" and "dad" are saved within the number field, not as description of the number), and I get the same message if I try to call her directly from my contact list... 

Exactly.  This message is usually prompted after a character appears in the field that shouldnt be there. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.