cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Issues duing calls

Jas9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am having issues during phone conversations where the other person on the line says that my voice keeps cutting in and out. I'm using a brand new Iphone 12, is it possible that I need to update my Sim Card?

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jas9 , the SIM card has not bearing on your issue unless you are disconnecting from the network intermittently and even then it could be the phone or local network issues.  In any event, VoLTE is important to voice call performance.  According to this help article your phone is on the VoLTE whitelist.  I suggest disabling WiFi the next time you are making a phone call and checking whether the network connection drops down to 3G or not.  If the connection does not drop down to 3G then your phone calls are on VoLTE which enhances voice performance.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jas9 

the sim is a robust piece of equipment that will almost never fail if treated correctly. Try the sim in a different phone. I highly doubt the sim is bad though.

Jaysen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

You might change your SIM card or just change a pack of your phone. iPhone also has the setting of the phone call!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jas9 

Problem like this could be device issue , but also could be the service

Try click Reset Network Settings first

if you have another phone, try PM sim there

And are you using Bluetooth or other headset?  Try with and without headset 

and try change your network mode to 3G and check if it helps

Need Help? Let's chat.