cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablets

josephbuckshon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you use public mobile for tablets too like samsung galxy and ipad?

7 REPLIES 7

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Fido has a data only plan for tablets (3 GB for $15/month). In their fine print, it also mentioned that this plan is only for eligible Fido post-paid customers with a mobile plan. Public Mobile's data only plans are expensive compared to other ones out there. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@josephbuckshon make sure you shop around to see if the data-only plans here meet your needs and budget.  With public mobile, the most expensive thing you can do is select a single service (such as a data-only plan, or talk-only plan, or text-only plan).  You get a small discount by adding a second service, and the largest possible discount by adding all 3 services.  I undertstand you only need the one, so I'm thinking PM may not be the best fit for your tablet.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@josephbuckshon wrote:

i mean the samsung galaxy tab s3

As long as it's unlocked and you can set up APN, no sweat. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p....

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

josephbuckshon

i mean the samsung galaxy tab s3

@josephbuckshon wrote:

im only looking for data on my tablet so do you think it would work with the sim card on the newest samsung galaxy tablet?

What do you mean by "the sim card on the newest samsung galaxy tablet"? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

josephbuckshon

im only looking for data on my tablet so do you think it would work with the sim card on the newest samsung galaxy tablet?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This service does not restrict usage to phones only.  Tablets are fair game.  However, there are very few tablets that have the phone apk installed.  The last one that was produced for the North American market was the Sony Xperia Z3 compact tablet.  Unless the intention is to get a plan without calling features, a tablet will not work so well. 

Need Help? Let's chat.