cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Experience

zork1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had interactions with The Mobile Shop located inside Loblaws, two separate locations and I feel that they don't brief their staff on on going promotions (or that they don't make them read up on new promotions at the beginning of their shifts).  With flash promotions from PM people may simply miss out if they don't already know of the promotion themselves.

Case in point, the first time I knew there was a free SIM promotion I asked about it and they don't have any and asked me to come back "on Monday", and the person was not aware of the SIM promotion and it would have expired by Monday.  So obviously I did not activate that time.

The last time I did (which I activated), the person started looking for print outs (that are several days old obviously, and did not even have the now lower $25 plan listed) and had to look up on his phone to be aware of the promotion.  At the end I got what I wanted, but I just thought that customer should not be the one telling the sales about promotions.

Perhaps PM should make sure their retail partner make an effort to inform their staff, especially for flash sale.

5 REPLIES 5

It's not like they can't access the publicmobile.ca website without little effort - I do it every day.  I did it every day before I became a member in 2016, for a 6 month period.

I do agree, it should (and may already) be sent to the partners, and yes, unfortunately, retailers have a habit all over of not keeping up (vacations, locked office, etc..)

Going in with a printed copy is always a good idea.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Like all carrier brands, I am sure the memo goes out in the same form to the retail partner stores.  It is up the the local store and individual reps to be familiar with the new deals on a daily basis.  Of course some retailers have better staff than others with less turn over, etc. 

Staff turn over is main problem with retail stores.

My local TMS manager is TMS trainer for TMS employee.  He travels across Canada to train new store employee.  He is training other TMS store employee in his store too.  There is little staff turn over at this store.  Beside the manager, there are 3 mobilists(TMS called their sale rep).  Two mobilists have been working there at least 3 years.  There are 2 Mobilists working at this store at all time.  One of them will be the store manager or his assistance to guide the newer mobilist.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zork1984 wrote:

I have had interactions with The Mobile Shop located inside Loblaws, two separate locations and I feel that they don't brief their staff on on going promotions (or that they don't make them read up on new promotions at the beginning of their shifts).  With flash promotions from PM people may simply miss out if they don't already know of the promotion themselves.

Case in point, the first time I knew there was a free SIM promotion I asked about it and they don't have any and asked me to come back "on Monday", and the person was not aware of the SIM promotion and it would have expired by Monday.  So obviously I did not activate that time.

The last time I did (which I activated), the person started looking for print outs (that are several days old obviously, and did not even have the now lower $25 plan listed) and had to look up on his phone to be aware of the promotion.  At the end I got what I wanted, but I just thought that customer should not be the one telling the sales about promotions.

Perhaps PM should make sure their retail partner make an effort to inform their staff, especially for flash sale.

I guess that is one of the reasons PM annouced that they will be opening up their own kiosks to help customers avoid these situations.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

Like all carrier brands, I am sure the memo goes out in the same form to the retail partner stores.  It is up the the local store and individual reps to be familiar with the new deals on a daily basis.  Of course some retailers have better staff than others with less turn over, etc. 

The Key Zork, which you obviously did, is research and go in armed with information. At these retail locations it's potluck what level of staff you will be greeted by... 

Good tip for sure!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.